1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius ABS Brake Booster & Pump Assembly Warranty ZJB

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by TampaPrius.com, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Might well be the alignment place. It's relevant info, might help them diagnose.

2. RMB

RMB Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What was the reason to get an alignment on your car?

1) Did you hit a carb, pot hole, or ran over road debris? (road hazard/brake/suspension components damage/repair scenario)
    2) Or are you feeling your vehicle pulling to one side? Old tires showing abnormal tire wear? Or simply as preventative maintenance? (Simply got an alignment and nothing else)

Anyhow, it maybe just as simple as 12v battery gotten low and tripped up some codes in the system. During the alignment process, the technician has to put a tool to the brake pedal to apply brakes to keep the car from moving, brake lights stays on and drained a weak 12v. Our Prius IIRC only has from toe adjustments at the tie rods, the alignment tech won’t be touching your brake components during the process.

And maybe, if maybe, that your brake master cylinder/accumulator is already in a weak working condition and the prolonged brake pedal usage has compromised the brake system. But since your Prius is at the Toyota dealership, let’s just wait and see what the actual cause is.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. SB6

SB6 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So I've finally heard back from the dealership, and they have found that my issue is not covered under the warranty program... Here is the issue/recommended service report from the dealership (linked since I'm not sure if posting it directly on this thread would be spam/thread-jacking). I would appreciate any advice

I recently hit a curb. After replacing my tires and getting an alignment done, I've been feeling the car pull to the right, so I went to get my alignment checked and readjusted.