1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Audio Display Not Working Properly

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Johnrdl, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Johnrdl

Johnrdl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm hoping that others have encountered this situation. Basically I have a 2010 Prius II with about 21,600 miles. Over the past few days, I have noticed that the audio display is either blank despite the radio being on or flashing on and off. Everything else is functioning normally. The issue is usually fixed after I turn off and on the audio/radio power knob. After reading some posts and videos, it seems like it might be an issue with the LED display. Clearly after having the car for 8 years now, there are bound to be some issues. However, it is not consistent in the problem with the audio display. It has been warm, high 80s, and I do utilize a sunshade for my dashboard/window so I am not sure what the cause is. I do have an extended warranty that is to expire in January 2019. I am just afraid that since it is not consistent that if I bring it into the dealership they might not personally see the issue as well as tell me that it is not covered under this extended warranty. Also I don't know if it might be a loose fuse or wiring that is causing the issue. If it is something more serious, I would like to make sure that my extended warranty is used to fix it before it expires. If anyone can please help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much as this is my first post ever asking for assistance.

2. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    In your shoes, I'd put my prepaid top dollar that was for extended warranty into use. Its a manufacture defect, somet will cover. If it's not literally listed on the coverage like factory radio manufacture defect then your SOL.