1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Base-Model: Sudden Radio/CD Player Malfunction

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by crellion, Aug 15, 2012.

1. crellion

crellion Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I need help guys trying to figure this out.

I have a 2010 base-model Prius with a regular-vanilla radio/CD player (no touchscreen, just green LCD). I was using it like always yesterday when it suddenly stopped showing any text on the green LCD.

I turned it off and turn it back on by pushing the Power Button, but still nothing in the LCD. Also - every button on the radio/CD player dashboard became an on/off button - even Tracking Up and Down just turned the radio/CD player on and off.

Weirdly, I found all the controls on my steering-wheel for the player still worked including switching AM/FM/CD/AUX/VOL-UP/VOL-DOWN, but again - nothing showing on the green LCD, so I have to listen to see what mode I'm in...

Is there anyway to fix this? Can I reset this radio/CD player to factory-default?

Thankfully - there's nothing in the CD player - so I at least don't have to worry about a CD getting stuck in there...

2. ute man

ute man New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sept 2012. I'm having the exact same problem with the stock radio. Blank screen, and every button is now an on/off button. Steering wheel controls still work...but nothing on the LCD.
    Has anyone found a solution or fix?
    Thanks!

3. kgall

kgall Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a similar (but not exactly the same) weird problem, which I reported in the Audio and Electronics subforum thread:
    Odd display on audio equipment | PriusChat
    As you will see, there are a few suggestions there, but no clear fix--as temperatures have gotten cooler, my problem seems to be happening less, but who knows if that has anything to do with it?

If either of you is still within warranty (3 yrs/36,000 mi.) I'd suggest visiting the dealer immediately--mine was unsympathetic because I'm several thousand miles beyond 36K. I have no extended warranty.

I may have to just live with this thing until the whole radio breaks and then get a new one--which is what the dealer suggested.