1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Brake Failure Complaints Rising

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ~C4Chaos, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~C4Chaos

~C4Chaos New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    just read this article from Gas 2.0

"Prius Brake Failure Complaints Rising as Toyota Prepares to Launch New Subcompact Hybrid"

(note: i have less than 5 post so i can't post the link. so just Google the article or see the partial link below).

gas2.org/2009/12/25/prius-brake-failure-complaints-rising-as-toyota-prepares-to-launch-new-subcompact-hybrid

this captured my attention because i have experienced this brake failure about 5 times now. i previously reported it to my Toyota dealer but they weren't able to recreate the problem. so i thought i only slid on a black ice. but after reading the article above i realize that it's exactly what happened to me in a number of situations.

anybody experienced the same problem with their Gen III Prius? if this would result in another recall then it would be a bummer for Toyota. i still love my Prius but i don't want to overlook this issue. this could be worse than the accelerator problem if any accidents are reported due to the brake fail issue.

~C

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to the forum. :) The search function will net you many results regarding this matter. Orrr just look on the first page of this section. lol

3. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  4. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Closing this one, please let's keep discussion in the linked to forum above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.