1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Codes: (P3190, P3191, P0A0F, U029A) - Lost power while accelerating

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by GreenTea&SaltWater, Mar 28, 2023.

1. GreenTea&SaltWater

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    i sprayed a steady stream for 4 seconds. the engine stayed running for a minute. I could hear it struggle first few seconds then it got running proper from the starter fluid. after a minute the engine turned off and it was running on HV and i turned it off when i saw that the battery was no longer charging. i didnt check the state of charge but at least i know that its not gonna turn off next few times i start it.

2. jolynf13

jolynf13 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I really think its ur fuel pump...I got mine from ebay for $ 70...

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

GreenTea&SaltWater likes this.
  3. GreenTea&SaltWater

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I checked the fuel injectors yesterday. Cleaned them, made sure they worked. Still engine not starting without throttle starter fluid. So yeah may be the fuel pump. How many miles did you have on yours when the fuel pump went bad?

Also I'm seeing them for $85 on ebay minimum. Do you remember the seller you got it from for 70?

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The thing that puzzles me is that it requires the starter fluid to start, but then runs for a minute before shutting off normally. So for most of that minute, fuel was getting to it.

I'm afraid I don't know the answer yet, but the questions are getting interesting.

5. jolynf13

jolynf13 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My old pump made some humming noise I really thought it's not defective...since I already got a used pump I just installed it anyway and it work...

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.