1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Colors with Photos!

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Jan 7, 2009.

1. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I decided to go take a look at some of the colors in the bright sunlight. HERE are pictures of Blizzard Pearl, Blue Ribbon, Barcelona Red and Classic Silver. Didn't find Sandy Beach. Blizzard Pearl looks much better in person. Photographs don't show the pearly bits properly.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Blizzard Pearl is a premium paint. I believe it's 3-coat paint and cost $255 in Canada.

3. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the photos ggood.

The Blizzard Pearl looks like how I imagined it after you previously described it. Off-white, with the "off" part being on the grey rather than the beige side. Definitely can't see the pearly bits in the photos, but you can see what I would call the "overall pearl effect" that one can notice when seeing similar pearl paint cars in person from as far as 20 - 30 feet away.

Earlier today, I saw a white pearl Lexus. I forget what Lexus calls its white pearl color, but I think it looks similar to Blizzard Pearl in that it's off-white with the off part being on the grey side.

4. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I asked if there would be an extra charge for getting BLizzard Pearl, since I ordered it also, while at the NYC event and was told no, there will not be an extra charge for it even though it is in fact a premium paint. I know when I had bought my Acura some years back it was a couple hundred extra for it. On an Escalade, I think its almost $600-$800 more so glad to see they're not charging for it. :)

5. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Great finish, looks awesome under bright street lighting and direct sunlight.

6. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

You're so right Pat... It really looks its best when you get that metallic effect with just the right light hitting it and viewing it at the right angle.

Even though this pearl is a bit off white, I have to say what turned me onto it is to me it isn't as off white as many pearl finishes out there. It seems to be the whitest pearl white under normal lighting conditions. And the pearl effect is just beautiful, even moreso than my old Acura which was a much more expensive car and paint job! Great job Toyota! :rockon:

7. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I suppose I need a better camera. When you get close to the blizzard pearl it really looks like someone ground up a bunch of pearls and dropped them in the paint. You see specks and flakes of both yellow and grey. They used to reserve these paints for their higher end cars. I was sure the sticker on the 2nd car said blizzard, but it seems noticeably yellower. The highlander seemed very white, maybe tending towards grey in the shadows. Avalon also had a white pearl, but it didn't say blizzard.

I'm dithering now, trying to decide whether to switch my order to blizzard pearl from sandy beach. Can't quite bring myself to own 2 white cars. On the other hand, that silly blue logo may look better on white than on gold! Anyone have a sunlit picture of sandy beach?

8. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Never mind... found some sandy beach online HERE.
    Weird how it can look like a pretty yellow gold in some light and a washed out beige in others...

9. fredthepostman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    If I go to my local Toyota dealer, can I see all the colors except the blue ?

10. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Nice photos ggood -- thanks.
    The pearl comes awful close to ivory in some of the views. That is a really challenging color to imitate.

11. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    You can see all the colors at the dealer. The blue ribbon is there in the photos and on the lots, on Camry and other cars (not the current Prius though). The dark greys have different names from 2009 to 2010 and I haven't researched if the new grey is used on another model; but really, how different could they be?

12. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The new winter grey is actually quite different to me than the magnetic grey. The winter grey I actually like a bit more, and I really liked the look of the magnetic grey. To me, the winter grey is a more muted grey with hints of almost blue within the grey.

13. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    OK, I overstated. Not my color obviously, but probably darker and richer than magnetic, with the hints of blue, as you said. Seems to be the only new one you can't find on the dealer lots.

14. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

The one thing that is good is the pictures of it (winter grey) actually portray very well what it looks like in person. With some colors it is hard for a picture to show what it actually looks like in person, but the winter grey looked spot on to me in person...

15. fredthepostman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I am 100% positive when everybody gets their pre-orders delivered ,we will get plenty of pictures. In the meantime, I will go to my local dealer and do some scouting.
    Thanks guys!

16. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    On the Toyota website, the cars in Blizzard Pearl look whiter (less grey) than the Blizzard Pearl cars in ggood's photos (compare for instance Toyota's and ggood's pictures of the Solara). ggood did mention that in his photos the Blizzard Pearl appears greyer than in person.

17. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sandy Beach in the bright artificial light at the Prius Connection shows (as also shown in the many photos of the Sandy Beach Prius on PriusChat), appears much more golden than that online picture.

In any event, it's definitely more golden than the current Driftwood Pearl.

18. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Starfire Pearl? or Crystal White Pearl? I'm leaning towards Starfire...

That's good!

It's a little flat from my impressions at Detroit. Magnetic Grey has a lot of flecks in it (you'd think it's a mica) but Winter Gre was more subdued.

19. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    These AutoblogGreen photos of the Camry in Blizzard Pearl, are my favorite photos of Blizzard Pearl that I've seen on the web:

[imglink]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autobloggreen.com/media/2007/02/50thcamryhybrid_165.jpg[/imglink]

[imglink]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autobloggreen.com/media/2007/02/50thcamryhybrid_166.jpg[/imglink]

[imglink]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autobloggreen.com/media/2007/02/50thcamryhybrid_167.jpg[/imglink]

You can view them in high resolution here: http://www.autobloggreen.com/photos/2007-toyota-camry-50th-anniversary-edition/164189/full/

20. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, it was Starfire Pearl.

Another observation about "pearlized" white cars:

IMO a dirty pearlized white car looks dirtier or worse than an equally dirty regular white car.