1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius "Consv. MPG" Data Frozen

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by lgkett, Apr 6, 2020.

1. lgkett

lgkett Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    When I filled with gas today, I reset the mileage information. The miles driven data is working fine, however the Consv. MPG data seems to be frozen at 99.9. I drove 10 miles after fill up and Consv. MPG remains at 99.9.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

2. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I believe the CONS. abbreviation stands for consumption. I've never seen mine stick like that. I do the same thing, reset Trip A every time I refill. The mpg readout will indicate 99.9 for a little while, but it surely should have decreased to a reasonable value in 10 miles. In those 10 miles did the ICE run? If it was all electric for those 10 miles the 99.9 mpg might have persisted. Switch the display to Trip B and see if the value is different. I use Trip B for my tire rotation meter, so it accumulates an mpg value based on a number of tank refills. It might also be a 12 V battery problem. When the 12 V starts going south, the electrical gremlins come out. It's worth a check. Beyond that, maybe a code if a sensor is out of whack. There is a fuel flow measurement being made somewhere to provide the mpg value.