1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Feb 10th Chicago

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by tracyann, Feb 2, 2009.

1. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a confession to make and I am going to make it to this group.
    After travelling half way around the world to see the new Prius I had the opportunity to sit in and explore 3 Prius all had different trim and option.

Ready for the confession?

I only looked at the blue Prius with the solar roof. I didn't explore the other 2 cars at all. This was stupid on my part because I wouldn't be able to afford the gold or silver packages, only the silver which I hardly went near.

Could I now ask a favour of someone who goes to a reveal in the near future?
    Can someone take photos of the inside plastic trim on the A pillars of the Silver package Prius which until now has been the "sandy Beach" colour Prius. I was told it is glossy and I'd like to see it. I'm yet to see a picture of the trim of the windscreen surround.

2. abishai100

abishai100 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I really wanted to go. I was going to drive there in my Saab. You know, Saab is giving Toyota and Ford a run for their money, in the Earth-friendly department.

The 'Prius' was introduced in 1997. The word, 'prius,' means "to go before." It did.

The 2010 Prius includes a moonroof with solar panels, four driving modes, Intelligent Parking Assist (IPA), and steering wheel touch controls. A multi-information display panel that monitors fuel and energy consumption is also standard.

I always look for a V6, and if it's a V4, it should have decent handling and be fun to drive.

I would have worn my green Dartmouth sweater.

Cheers,

3. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    OK. You got my attention, Pat. Given everything I witnessed of your antics in Detroit, I'm expecting somethin' pretty juicy!

That's it? You were mesmerized by a moonroof?

I don't have pics, but I'm guessing you can find them. I do remember, however, that the trim is a very smooth plastic. I remember it, because I found it much less appealing than what I have in my 2007. I don't know if it was "glossy" -- but I know it wasn't really fully matte, and it didn't have any depth to it.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Weird... cause Evan took a photo of the A-pillar lol. You're right, it is glossy. It's the same plastic as the one used for the lower glovebox. Not sure if I like it.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. patsparks

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I wasn't mesmerised by the moon roof, I was about to get out of the car when a camera lens appeared in my face and a heap of questions. It was time to pay the piper. That was cool, I just said what I felt.
    I went over to listen to the chief engineer but I listened for only a few minutes and never explored the car I was standing right beside.
    Then it was chat to Toyota people which was a blast and get my TRD Toyota jacket signed then we had to load the bus. I could have used twice the time!

I have no need to confess my nocturnal antics, the evidence was there for all to see.

It looks like the dash is made from the glossy plastic too!
    I might get it felted.

6. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hmmm, Thanks for posting the pic of one of the grey ones... I remembered that the pillars were like this in the silver packaged car with the beige and was hoping maybe they were felted in the gold/platinum models but I guess not.

7. patsparks

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It is the gold one, gold colour but silver package. See the colour of the mirror?

8. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Hey your right, dang, I thought the pillars on the silver package car were beige like the beige interior... Now I have to wonder again if they were felt covered in the platinum car. Just can't remember since I didnt think to pay it any mind while there

9. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I can't tell. I tried look at the hires pics from Talonts or Russell Frost but I can't tell the difference. It could be covered or could be smooth plastic and they look the same in the photo because of the lighting.

10. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The pillar in the beige car was a glossy finish. I mentioned that fact to one of the Toyota execs who was sitting in the car at PCD. I told him I don't think very many people would think the interior as nice when the sun glares off the pillar. The blue and grey cars had the pillar flocked so no glare.

Wayne

11. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So there's a difference between cloth and leather equipped cars?

12. patsparks

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is it cloth and leather or is it just part of that package?

13. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Could be either a difference between cloth and leather interiors or a difference between Bisque and Grey interiors.

In either case, it's extremely odd. I can't imagine this difference will last long, if in fact it exists, in the actual production models.

14. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    We don't know but the difference between the Sandy Beige and the other two were the seat fabric (among other options).

15. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hope this has nothing to do with color, since Desert Sand is what I ordered!:eek:

16. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Don't worry about some of the minor details...Boo is onto something here. The units shown at Prius Connection events are all pre-production models (prototypes without the finishing touches in many cases). Some are more complete than others, so don't base all of your purchase decisions on what you've seen. The graining on the lower glove box and many of the A pillars is not final in these units, some of the badges weren't product final (they will all end up with the new blue-tuned badges at launch), etc. The interior graining will all be consistent regardless of interior colors in production units.

17. Mike Dimmick

Mike Dimmick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I program mobile computers for a living, usually drop-resistant handhelds, typically with integrated barcodes scanners and multiple radios, e.g. Wifi and GSM/GPRS. We see quite a few pre-production units due to good links with the OEMs.

It's quite typical for them to come with smooth plastics because the mould hasn't been completely finalized yet. Adding the texturing can only be done when it's signed off, because any changes are then obvious where the texturing doesn't match up or where sections have been done multiple times.

18. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Thanks for confirming that the blue emblems have been finalized :) I was hoping that maybe the blue ones would be reserved for those who order the advanced technology package (to make them a bit more unique and make ones car stand out as different) but just knowing that they were the ones finally chosen is enough for me!

19. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

ohh? thanks for letting us know! I thought the lower glovebox was going to be smooth like that.

20. patsparks

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a feeling Toyota is listening to us and responding accordingly.
    I think gaining consumer opinion was one of the reasons for the Prius Connection events, it's a 2 way connection. It's great that they are listening to the criticism not just the praise.
    Thanks Prius Team.