1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Four - Oil Kit Compatibility?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by AlanInAustin, Jun 13, 2012.

1. AlanInAustin

AlanInAustin Junior Member

2. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    "Modern synthetic oil is very expensive - so why run the risk of getting it dirty by running it through your motor block? KaleCoAuto bypass kit comes with everything you need to run the oil around your motor block where it will do more good. Oil runs cooler, and as a result, there may be ..."

What the hell? You want the oil in the "motor block" where it lubs the things that need lubing.

3. gliderman

gliderman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    And you want the oil to go through the filter. The filter system has a high pressure bypass already. Not sure how this bypass system you are looking at works on a Prius.

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My thoughts exactly. There's no mention of an oil cooler, oil filter adapter, etc. Besides, the ICE on the Prius is already a detuned gasoline engine (Atkinson cycle), which isn't running all the time, and is assisted by an electric motor. Toyota has already approved an extended oil change interval of 10,000 miles using 0w-20 weight synthetic oil, so how much longer one would want to extend this is beyond me. :rolleyes:

5. LTZR1

LTZR1 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  6. LTZR1

LTZR1 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The filter itself has NO bypass. It's a cartridge filter. The bypass is built into the filter system located at the top of the the filter cartridge housing mount.

7. gliderman

gliderman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sorry, I should have said filter system. Yes, I know the filter does not have a bypass, thanks for the correction.

8. AlanInAustin

AlanInAustin Junior Member

KaleCoAuto.com is a website of fictional car parts & accessories. In there you'll find things like a string of tire beads, 710 caps, seasonal tire air, car to tank conversion kit, salad shooter spinning rims, etc.

I was aiming for a laugh -- I didn't think anyone would take this seriously! ;)

9. gliderman

gliderman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    People on this forum rely on the information of others with a certain amount of trust and confidence. You got your laugh, enjoy it. But you may have lost some of the confidence and trust of others here with your prank.

Good luck!

10. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Says the boy who cried "wolf"...

Yeah, you got us pretty good. :p

11. has been

has been vote for anyone except Trump

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I bought a bucket of steam from that company, was pretty good, would recommend it.
    I also got a great deal on 5 cases of dehydrated water.

AlanInAustin -- good one.

12. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Sadly we deal in a great many 'scam' and 'bunk' that is not in jest. From K&N filters and 'aero' body kits that are less aerodynamic than the stock body, to real wastes of money like hydrogen generators and 12 volt electric turbrochargers. It is hard to put a lower limit on what folks will believe.

My favorite fake store:VillainSource -- formerly VillainSupply