1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Front Fender Replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by REE, Apr 21, 2012.

1. REE

REE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello.....I am new to this forum, but appreciate the excellent insight on Prius! I am working on my 2010 Prius, and needing to replace the front right fender. I have the collision manual, however, it does not shown completely what all must come off to remove the fender. I've removed the obvious 4 bolts, etc. Does anyone know specifically (a) what all must be removed to take off the fender, and (b) are there any fender bolts that are concealed or out of plain view? Thank you for any help.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard... sorry to hear you have to replace the fender. What happened?

There are many on here with the service manuals in PDF hopefully they will respond.

3. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You need to remove the right headlamp, right body rocker panel. There is more then 4 bolts (2 are under front hood, 2 close to front door, 1 under body rocker, 1 close to headlamp mounting. You will remove the fender by pulling it to front - see picture
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. rtseng123

rtseng123 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Paja,

I could not see your picture. Could you please send again?

5. yeldogt

yeldogt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    you have to take off the bumper and remove the headlight -- also the rocker panel. The wheel wheel is attached to the fender as well. The fender slides in/around/under the small angled window -- pull it forward to remove.

everything is interconnected in modern cars. The bumper looks difficult to remove -- it's actually very easy. Google and you will see videos on how to remove. Make sure to put cardboard or something on ground to protect when it comes off ...

R3PB likes this.