1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Gen III Key Fob Battery Replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Dick Ginkowski, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Sporin

Sporin Prius Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thank you Dick for these instructions!!! Did the first of mine today and it was very easy.

Thank you for this heads up, it saved me a lot of extra hassle. :)

2. mrcobra71

mrcobra71 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks for the tips!
    My key fob looked like it had spent a night in a mud puddle.
    I disassembled it and used cotton swabs and alcohol to clean it up a bit.
    It dried out quickly before reassembly.
    I had better luck inserting the circuit board in the light color rubber then inserting them into the plastic case.

Attached Files:

3. MBAustin

MBAustin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks again! I occasionally was getting "key not detected" or "low battery" messages and today the doors wouldn't lock unless my purse (with key in it) was right next to the door. Thanks to friendly PriusChat (faster than finding the page in the owner's manual!) it took only 5 minutes to replace the batteries in both remotes. FYI my 2010 Prius IV is 3.5 years old and I was still on the original batteries - and the fob is in my purse near my phone most of the time. Must have had unusually good battery luck!

4. NutzAboutBolts

NutzAboutBolts Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Or you can watch this under 1 minute and learn it under 1 minute, beats the hassle of reading! hahaha