1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius has hit the wall 245,000 miles

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Brian Konn, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Brian Konn

Brian Konn New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I've recently spent over $4,000 dollars chasing issues with my 2010 Prius, the latest was a triangle of death light after my wife drove for around 15 miles from the house, the car shut down and she was able to get to a safe spot. After letting the car sit for an hour we were able to drive the car to the dealership, I noticed as I was driving the red temp light coming on and off. Dealership says it has a P0117 and P261B and says they need to replace the hybrid system water pump # 161a0-29015. Wife drives the car home no issues for 2 weeks, now all of sudden this week she drives 11 miles " Check Hybrid System Warning and the car shuts down, wait an hour for things to reset and limp the car home, did another test drive same thing 11 miles check engine light comes on Check Hybrid System follows car shuts down. Anyone have any idea's ? I noticed while limping the car home the second time the red water overheat light flashing on and off. thanks for any help.

Brian

amos likes this.
  2. cnc97

cnc97 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Without knowing what codes come up with the newest hybrid warning, it sounds like inverter/converter failure. If so, this may be covered under the newest recall on the Prius. You need to get the codes scanned to be sure. You might be able to get the scan done at your local auto parts store, but would be better off taking it to Toyota.

amos and Grit like this.