1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius head unit - Identifying harness pins - reverse camera

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Lupo Fiasco, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Lupo Fiasco

Lupo Fiasco Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Can anybody help identify where I need to wire in my OEM camera to my aftermarket sony head unit? Some how I need to convert the old video wiring to fit yellow rca to plug into the new unit.
    See these photos. One is all the plugs which were plugged into the original head unit. The other photo is the left over plugs not used yet and the other is all the empty ports on the back of the oem unit. Everything on the head unit works with these unplugged except for the reversing camera. Thank you! IMG_7713.JPG .

Attached Files:

2. prius2010II

prius2010II Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You want to use a factory installed backup camera with an after market radio? The factory camera is 6 volt aftermarket 12 volts. A few aftermarket, toyota specific HU directly accepts the factory antenna. Generally the China units.
    Cheapest solution would be to buy a camera and replace the factory camera. I think this will require running a new wire.

The easiest would be to buy an adapter.
    I think this would work, double check before purchasing.
    My amazon link get scrambled. Search for
    Retain OEM Factory Backup Reverse Camera to New Aftermarket Car

Amazon, ebay and aliexpress should all have something.
    Pretty sure Metra also sells something.