1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 prius high temp light flashing bleed system but still have a flashing temp light . Please help

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Robert 2010 prius, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Robert 2010 prius

Robert 2010 prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello everyone I'm Robert new to the forum. I am the owner of a 2010 Prius 240,000 Mile car last night I was driving the vehicle and the high temperature light came on.so i drove it home Check the fluid and fluid level was fine so I bleed the system and turn on the heater and the problem still persists .the light keeps flashing so I bleed the system again and same results the light came on again . any help would be appreciated if anybody knows how to fix this I would really appreciate your help

2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Welcome to Prius Chat (y).

Do you have a device to read the codes? Can you tell if the water pump is running? How are you bleeding the system? Any problems with your Prius prior to last night?

Keep us posted(y).

3. Robert 2010 prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello raytheeagle thank you for your response . I watched this video on YouTube where the gentlemen states that you add the antifreeze to the water reservoir and you put the car into maintenance mode and then you watch to see if there's any air bubbles and once the air bubbles are gone he says to turn on the heater and you should be good I did all this but I still have the light coming on. Unfortunately I do not have a code reader I replace the water pump brand new from the dealer maybe 2 months ago

Raytheeagle likes this.
  4. Raytheeagle

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    What was the reason for the water pump replacement? Did they do the thermostat at the same time? Are you sure about the cause of the dash light and it isn't something else?

5. Robert 2010 prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I purchased this vehicle from a gentleman who said that one day he was driving down the road and vehicle just turned off on him and he didn't want to deal with it anymore so I bought it off him and when I purchased it I took it to the hybrid mechanic and he said that the water pump was bad because it was not circulating water so that's why the vehicle turn off on him and that's why I change the water pump. I'm not sure if they change the thermostat . I'm Really not sure about the problem I'm gonna take it in on Tuesday so they can check it

6. Raytheeagle

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Sounds like a project car.

What hybrid mechanic are you using? Do you know if all recalls have been done on the car (particularly one about the inverter programming)? Did the mechanic give you a receipt for work performed?

Worth checking your records for the car prior to going back for additional work.

7. NutzAboutBolts

NutzAboutBolts Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Invest in a mini VCI and a used laptop. It's basically techstream and what Toyota uses to diagnoses Toyota vehicle. It's a cheap investment and cheaper than bringing it into a dealership to have them charge you 110$ just for diagnoses.

With techstream, you can read your cooling system and activate and read the water pump.