1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius II Nav/BT/Radio Retrofit?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by eatsleeplaw, Jan 5, 2016.

1. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sadly, Toyota weighs the "simpler with fewer unique parts" benefit alongside the "harnesses with less copper cost less, times thousands of vehicles" benefit, and they often come down on the side of having several wire harness variants.

You would have to replace harnesses or do a lot of custom wiring. The headunit with nav also relies on a separate JBL amplifier that goes under the passenger seat, a separate XM tuner that goes under the driver seat, and a separate USB music player that goes next to the XM tuner.

If you wanted to do that much work anyway, you might want to skip ahead to one of the 2012+ headunits, where the XM and USB functionality is right in the headunit, and you get a better interface for navigating USB music, and there is HD radio. Only a single disc slot instead of the 2010-11 4-CD changer, but it can also play a DVD.

2. DMK512

DMK512 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three

Thank you for the background. It looks like I do have a JBL system based on the silk screened logo and the solicitation I received to sign up for Sirius shortly after buying the car.

I’ll look into the 2012 head unit.