1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius III (190K): replace head gasket for $3600?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Meriadoc123, Oct 8, 2022.

1. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Wow that's great I have some people down near Dalton You can get that kind of money in Dalton Georgia That's really great I guess I paid $800 here in Orange county North Carolina and the guy that does this for me is one of the top people that works at one of the largest salvage yards in the area and he does about six or seven engine swaps a week not in Prius but in internal combustion engine vehicles work trucks vans cars you name it He swapped out my engine in transmission together for 800 bucks I did not put him to the task of hooking up all the electrics and getting the car running I felt that was a waste of his valuable time so he did the engine swap put all the nuts and bolts back in put the bolted plugs back into the inverter in the transmission like you took them out He put the car outside of the garage and he called me to come connect the hybrid battery and any of the little nuances that need to be done to get the car actually running that took all of 55 minutes I do some business with some junk yards down near you that are so large it would take you a week to walk them.