1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius, JBL Audio, Navigation UI issues

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by MattD, Jun 5, 2009.

1. MattD

MattD Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I love my new Prius with Navigation -- let me say that first. A few "odd" things:

- There's no UI feedback when the phone is autosyncing contacts over Bluetooth. It's a cool feature but a little sync icon somewhere on the display would be helpful.

- The Volume adjustment shows "VOL_XX" as you adjust the volume (where XX is the numerical unit) -- this looks like leftover stuff that never got localized properly. I don't know if the head is updatable, but this should be patched.

- The walkthrough on Toyota.com shows a capability where you can tune the audio (via the DSP feature) to different driver positions. See here: 2010 Prius Navigation for more info...look at the section called "Audio section" and then "Adjust the tone" and then wait for the video to go over the DSP tab and the section on "optimizing audio for seating positions. No matter what I do, I cannot seem to get this option to appear...(NOTE: I am not referring to the first tab, which lets you manually move the sound around via a fader/balance setup.)

- There seems to be no documentation if you can have a device both Bluetooth bonded for cell phone AND also have that device stream Bluetooth audio when a call is not in progress. Seems like it should support it, but I cannot find any documentation on that front.

Thoughts or advice would be appreciated!

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I don't have that option on my car either.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    1. I thought it'll say "Transferring Contacts" or something similar when it's transferring the contacts.

2. It's supposed to. That's why it doesn't have the detents in the volume knob. It goes up to Vol 62

3. So you can't find the DSP tab??? Now that's odd. PM Prius Team and see if they have an answer.

4. MattD

MattD Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    On #1... It doesn't seem to provide feedback on subsequent syncs.
    On #2... I think it was more the message "VOL_62" -- I was expecting a bit more polish (like Volume 62)
    On #3... The DSP tab is there, but options are missing. Check out the link.

5. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    It's not unusual to find features documented in the owners manual that ultimately got pulled from production.

For MY 2004, we had auto sound leveling documented, but it ultimately didn't show up till a later model year.

6. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    1. Ohhhh.... that i'm not sure

2. Our 05 says the same except it's Title Caps.

3. I saw the video, that's why I asked again to confirm. What do you see when you press the DSP tab?

Don't tell me they pulled DSP and ASL again.

7. lensovet

lensovet former BP Brigade 207

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    re: 2, really? I think his point is also about the underscore. Gen 2 models say

"Vol xx"

when you change the volume. He's saying his car says

"VOL_xx"

when changing it. Please tell me you see the difference between those two. The latter is clearly an internal string name in the software which is supposed to be mapped to a localized version of the text. This localized text seems to be missing from his OS. to the OP, perhaps message the Prius Team and see what they suggest.

8. MattD

MattD Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Bingo! It's clearly an oversight; but the absence of the "Sound position" feature as shown in the Web tutorial (they make a point of talking about it) makes me wonder if my nav head is the release version (or the most current) ?

9. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    ASL is present - but it over-inflates the BASS levels. There's no low/medium/high like I've seen in other cars like RAV4 - just on/off.

10. MattD

MattD Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, ASL is present (although with no control over the ASL correction level) -- but the sound position features described that should be on the DSP tab are missing.

11. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ohh... why didn't you say so in the first place :p

Which is odd because the manual says there is a LO/MED/HI function for non-nav models.

Of course I'll see the difference... I just don't have the 2010 in my garage atm lol. I thought it was the CAPS.

Yeah the underscore does seem out of place.

12. lensovet

lensovet former BP Brigade 207

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    so I tested a Prius III w/NAV at a local dealer here in Berkeley, and it had both of the issues you mentioned – the VOL_xx and lack of Sound position in the DSP tab...

13. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Weeeird... Looks like another mystery for Prius Team!