1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius malfunction

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Belal Abdallah, Sep 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Belal Abdallah

Belal Abdallah New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hello y’all, just wanted to see if I can get some advice for my Prius.

So recently I had a fire near my home. It got to the point it was really hot.

1- my vehicle doesn’t charge as quick anymore. When I have the AC on. My battery stays at 2 bars or 3 Max. How can I tell if my batteries have gone bad ?

2- i was driving and this happens before the fire. My vehicle just went crazy. I got the hybrid system failure light. And my vehicle went into safe mode and I was only able to drive it for about 1mile before it shut down. I took it in and they said I needed gas. It’s kinda odd that I needed gas when I had a few bars left. Once they put the gas my lights went away. Had this happened to anyone else ? I feel like I got played at the dealer. I paid for a multi point inspection so they can check my batteries but never received that service. I’m taking it back or in contact with the supervisor to help assist with it. I checked my vin against recalls nothin popped up.

3- when I press on my gas pedal I have about a 3 second lag. Until the car catches itself and it moves. Anyone know why ? Happens to me all the time.

4- excessive oil consumption. Read a forum of a bad piston ring. I guess I’m not the only one.

5- AC when it’s on and running. The vehicle works twice as hard and doesn’t charge. Or won’t charge fully. Anyone know if this is normal ? Max charge will get to 3 bars.

Last is there any way to find out if I have a bad battery or a bad charger or a bad transmission. I feel all these things happening. Fall under a few subjects. Battery charger, converter, faulty batteries, or bad fuel injectors response. Thank you all for your help.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

you will need the trouble codes. is the inverter pump working?

have you cleaned the egr?

how many miles on her?