1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 prius model differences?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by statultra, Aug 24, 2012.

1. statultra

statultra uber-Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello, after a long while off the forum, im back and I am purchasing a 2010 Prius salvage, when I went to the yard I forgot to look at the steering for the LKA button, is there any way to differentiate this just by looking at the front bumper? I noticed there are two little outward indentations on the bumper underneath the headlights, does this indicate that there is lane keep assist?

And if that does indicate that, that would mean the vehicle has the advanced technology package correct?

The vehicle has navigation, XM radio, LED headlights

2. gmcneil05

gmcneil05 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I believe the things underneath the headlights are headlamp washers.

3. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Correct.

4. Xaran

Xaran Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It my understanding the LKA works off the camera that is above the rear view mirror. o if your looking for something to tell you it has LKA either the button on the wheel or the camera above the rear view mirror (can be seen thru the windshield or from the inside by looking above the mirror)

5. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The headlamp washers alone are not enough to know if it's as LKA. Look for the camera to the right of the rear view mirror when looking at the front of the car or look to see if the front Toyota emblem is completely smooth. That would mean it has radar cruise which would also mean lane keep assist. Or look for the button on the wheel. All V's for 2010 will have headlamp washers since they are for the LED headlights which all V's have, advanced technology package or not.

6. Randy G.

Randy G. Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I'm sure you've already checked it out, but in some states there are issues titling salvage vehicles, many car insurance companies will not insure them and from what I have been told when you go to sell it financing will be difficult for your potential buyers.

7. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  8. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You definitely have a Prius V. The ATP includes ACC (or DRCC) and LKA, as well as the parking assist. The LKA is most easily spotted from the exterior because of the camera mounted higher up on the windshield than the rear view mirror. If you can see the camera from the outside, you have a Prius V w/ATP.