1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Models and Option Packages

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Prius Team, Feb 10, 2009.

1. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Do you have to subscribe to a traffic service in order to get traffic notification? You do with Garmin.

2. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Yes. There's a 3 month free trial of XM and XM traffic. Personally, I don't need either one, due to a short commute.

1 person likes this.
  3. web1b

web1b Active Member

Many of the newest Garmin units include free lifetime traffic. No subscription needed.

4. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm in a similar boat, but at $4/mo over the regular XM subscription, I'll take it as it does give advisories (w/o flow) on my route.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    what do you mean advisories without flow?

6. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I didn't get my car yet Tideland, but I think in major metropolitan area's the system can show flow of traffic on roads in colors like red, yellow and green which corolate to speeds through that area.

Did I get that right Rick?

7. fred garvin

fred garvin New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    i read that the toyota nav works very well in the US where street numbers are odd on one side and even on the other. Its an auto feature, implemented by the driver, finding one street number and comparing its odd or evenness to the target address and adjusting accordingly. I heard the next gen nav system will automatically pick the driver's nose when it senses a dried mucous build-up.

8. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Do I sense some sarcasm? :rolleyes: Telling you which side of the road your destination is on is a very useful and, I feel, necessary, feature and other nav systems, such as Garmin, have this. Street numbers can be very hard to see, especially from a moving car.

9. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It does include automatic avoidance based on traffic, you just need to choose it. The default is notification only, but when you change it, the Nav system will re-route based on traffic delays. I believe it is using the same information as relied upon by Garmin. We have a Garmin 660 and used the traffic rerouting feature (until the subscription ran out). My only beef is that it didn't tell us about the fact that a rerouting due to traffic was occuring. In the 2010 Prius Nav system, there is an announcement that pops up on the screen, and it asks if you want to have the traffic update incorporated.

I'm not quite following this concern. Are you saying that it is only on main roads where the system will advise you on which side of the street your destination lies? If that is the case, I haven't had enough side street searches, because I just remember hearing "Your destination is ahead on the right." (or left, of course!)

10. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep, that's what I meant. Major metro freeways will have traffic flow arrows on the NAV screen in green/yellow/red depending on average speed.

Advisories will be construction or accidents only w/o average speeds.

11. fred garvin

fred garvin New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    was it that obvious?

12. jprates

jprates https://ecomove.pt

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    N/A
    You're not talking about the Prius, are you?

Because if you are then I am definitely missing something here... my Prius nav tells me when I arrive on which side of the road my destination is. And usually it tries to bring me there coming from the right side so that I don't have to cross the road by foot.

Is the USA version different in that regard? :confused:

13. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

@both:

ohh ok. So it's just a normal coloured road and it'll just pop up a notification like "Accident ahead 5 miles on I-5 at Exit 160"

14. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

For now Rick will have to answer that one for sure, but after tomorrow it's game on lol. I'm finally picking up my baby tomorrow! (Yay) :) The dealer just got it today so they're doing the prep and all that good stuff...

15. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sweet!! We're still waiting in Canada.

16. web1b

web1b Active Member

Apparently so.

Prius owners in the US say it doesn't indicate what side of the street a destination is on.
    This is useful because sometimes you can't see street numbers and this will save you from searching for the destination on both sides of the street.
    Map data is different in different countries. The source vendor of the maps needs to do an upgrade someday.

17. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wait.. Prius Owners or YOUR Prius??

18. stefcat

stefcat New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I love the prius.. have a 2007 and sale toyota.. 2010 is the fine.. we just get one.. I want it.. if you do not own a prius you do not understand..That why I join chat.. you'll understand.. if you have questions ask...I'll be happy to answer.. thanks stefcat:cheer2:

19. Harneloot

Harneloot New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello everyone and thanks for such wonderful info and camaraderie!

I'm going to pick up my 2010 Prius III today. I'm in NY and have encountered the same problem others have expressed: NO Prius III with Navigation or Solar Moon Roof available in my area. This was very disappointing, though I'm still sure I will love my new Prius!

Anyone have a list of WHERE exactly the Prius III is offered with those options?

20. Lucky2beme

Lucky2beme 1st Time Hybrid Owner

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I decided that I wanted the blue model III with the solar roof package. My husband thinks leather is important so we were are considering the IV.
    Well I have now touched with my own 2 hands two Model IVs!!!;)
    I didn't get to drive either one, tho!:eek:
    The 1st one was in Carlsbad, CA was blue but did not have the solar roof. This salesman was not aware that the solar roof was available on the model III in other areas. He said it was simply not available. I didn't get to test drive it because there was a line of 3 people waiting! A huddle of people surrounded the car looking over the shoulders of the people who took the last test drive!
    The second one was right here in Escondido sold by the salesman who has had my $500 deposit for a year! It was the blue I want and had the solar roof installed! The owner who ordered it would be in at 3 pm to pick it up, so meanwhile I got to see it.
    The salesman tried to hand us his Toyota manual speech about how all of dealers pay the same amount for their cars and no one was gong to be selling these at any discount because they are in such demand. He also said the price was the same if we ordered it and waited 10-12 weeks or bought one off the lot when they come in. He was the closest Costco dealer. Costco is not offering their costing on the 2010 yet. Without the Costco discount and his unwillingness to deal I told my husband, "I think we're done here." He stammered, "But we haven't even talked #s yet! Come back to my office and I will offer you the best of both worlds.
    So once in his office he FINALLY said that if we order the car we want and by the time it arrives if Costco has offered discount pricing, he will honor that price.
    So we went home to use the "Build Your Prius" web site and get into the accessory details.
    Meanwhile we find that Sam's Club has a costing of $500 over invoice for the 2009.*(Which is the asme as Costcos) We have sent an e-mail and received a reply from our local Sam's club sales rep asking aobut the pricing on a 2010. We haven't connected by phone yet, but will let u know if that happens.
    Obviously, I may be willing to pay more to "Be the 1st one on the block..." but my husband's father retired from GM and my husband knows the industry pretty darn well.
    Dealers do make deals on an ordered car because they didn't have to pay for it all up front or have it sitting in their inventory, even if it sells quickly.
    Dealers do get TONS (read that $$$ discounts) in incentives, based on their previous sales. Some dealers cut their profits to get the most from these incentive programs. Some dealers are greedy and have a reputation for not offering any deals.

1 person likes this.