1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Models and Option Packages

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Prius Team, Feb 10, 2009.

1. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Can only be changed by the dealer.

2. Iceman123

Iceman123 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Just to put my 2 cents in ..and I am late to the dance... I was looking for a stylish car/SUV that wasn't a luxury class and that was good to very good on gas(I got stressed looking at my leased 2006 Murano's computer telling me I was getting 12 miles mpg)While shopping SUV's I came across the Prius styling and huge gas rating(Big pluses)...I became interested in it and read some on it. I was in shock to find out that the Prius V did not have the solar/sunroof in its package...When was the last time you got a car with bells and whistles and didn't have a sunroof ?...Most of the other techy(Radar, Park assist) options that come with the V is nice for show off purposes...But seriously how many people need it ?...I love the 17' wheels/215 tires(Compared to a Toyota Corolla look of a 15") on the V and find the fog lights and LED lamps which help the styling effect(Compared to the hideous Grey wallpaper in the 4) of the car...If I was Toyota, I wouldn't have made a IV, but a V with sunroof/solar option and no grey wallpaper foglights and with road hugging 17's/215's(So what if you lose 3 mpg on drag with the look of the car)! The III should only have a sunroof option and not solar !..So the real bells and whistles would go with one model instead of being divided in 2..And after reading and seeing what cars were bought ..it would be safe to assume that 75% of all IV and V buyers would of wanted what I just said ..Instead of what they got !

3. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I don't think you can change it yourself. There are several options that only the dealer can change. I had the beep turned from repeated beep to single beep, automatic door locking turned off, and headlights changed from delayed off to instant off.

4. Lucky2beme

Lucky2beme 1st Time Hybrid Owner

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Right you are! :)

So they turned off the seat belt & back up beeper, but Toyota told him he couldn't disable the GPS safe lock-out when moving!

I will pursue this issue! Other manufactures have been legally compelled to allow customers to choose to deactivate safety restrictions like this.

5. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    or you can just install this hack -

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...s-society-navi-hack-installed.html#post967285

6. Lucky2beme

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  7. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    So back when the 2010 Prius first launched, certain markets, including the SF Bay Area, were unable to purchase a Prius III w/solar roof.

Apparently, this has now changed. I just checked the Toyota online configuration and it appears that the Prius III w/solar roof combo now exists for this region.

8. asj2009

asj2009 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Unfortunately, you can't have those combos because the cars needed to have a certain weight in order to get good MPG, and having both the big wheels and sunroof would make that impossible.

Saying that, I would be have been very happy with the ATP tech and the solar roof; don't care about the wheels or the LED lights. The pre-collision system and LKA would have been very useful safety features i think.

9. grantb3

grantb3 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Is that the 1690? I had a Dash Express w/ live web search, but it died and I miss it.

10. Lucky2beme

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yea, the hardest thing is not forgetting to take it off the dash then it fries!:eek:

The NUVI is just so intuitive, and has a wonderful UI in so many ways.

I am VERY critical of the System I had to have Toyota put in!
    Just not very logical.
    I'm tempted to say there wasn't a woman on that committee!
    But mostly I am VERY angry that I am having to work so hard to be able to let my passenger use it while the car is moving!
    A GPS that doesn't work in transit?!?!?!? P L E A S E! :mad:

11. Lucky2beme

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I think Toyota knows they could sell the Solar Roof with almost anythiing. ;)

12. Tidalflats

Tidalflats Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I visited a Toyota dealership today, in Rhode Island and heard this from a salesman. He said that different options are available in different parts of this country. Do you know this to be true; and, if it is true, to what degree do options vary in different regions?

13. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes in the sense that all the packages that are available for the Prius are now available in all regions as the region determines what packages dealers are allowed to order. I'm still confused as to why you guys do it in the U.S.

Go to the Build Your Own section at toyota.com and punch in different zipcodes. That'll give you an idea of what's available.

14. resoh02

resoh02 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Do you know if they offer the back up camera without the Nav System?

15. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    No - it's a nav only option, since the non-nav cars no longer have the screen.

16. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not in the U.S. In Canada, we get a backup camera in all models except the base model. The top model has it integrated into the 7" nav screen, all other models have it integrated into the rear view mirror.

17. Lucky2beme

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yes, sadly & annoyingly this is true!:mad:
    I am in Southern CA and the III with solar is NOT available here!
    (Why would someone in SoCali want a solar roof to cool their car down?!?!):confused:

I would have had to go North of Bakersfield to get one. I was going to fly to Seattle, where I am from to get mine to drive back, but
    my dealer came up with 2 of them that they had ordered for their failed rental car company.

Tideland Prius is right that you need to type in different zip/area codes to find where you can build one with the features that you want. An honest dealer would tell you where you can get one. You might try calling around to find someone who knows & will tell you!

Also consider calling your Sam's or Costco auto rep. They work in the fleet section so have more time, and sometimes offer you more info.
    I am not sure that they are offering their discounted price yet or not, but you can get info anyway.

18. Tidalflats

Tidalflats Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I would think that a nice combination would be a model with Solar and no other high-tech stuff to go wrong, don't you? Does anyone know where this might be available?

Is Toyota offering any incentives, now, for Priuses, and what seems to be a fair discount off MSRP around the country?

19. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Isn't that the III Solar or the IV Solar? Neither of those have anything high tech other than a navigation system. The high tech stuff is only available on the V model.

20. wammo

wammo New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I took delivery of my Prius yesterday. I used the information from this PC site to initially decide to order a Prius and to make the package and option selection. It was and still is a wonderful informative site. Final specs: Model IV, Barcelona Red, dark gray leather interior, solar package, and window tinting, rear bumper protector and mats. I build the Prius on-line on the Toyota web site with a Houston Texas zip code and took the specs to a dealer: there were no restrictions on selection that I noticed, just the well known omissions of fog light and mud flap options. I may have fog lights installed at a later date and plan to ask a relative in Europe to get me mud flaps. The order took a long time to be filled however: just shy of 12 weeks: 3 of which since the car hit the SF port and 2 weeks since it was received at the Toyota Distribution Center here in Houston (Thanksgiving holiday skeleton crew schedule slowed things down).