1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Mud Flaps???

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by laufaye, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Good news, the product page is up and the mudguards are ready for shipping! They are priced a few bucks cheaper right now than they will be after we run out of our first 50 units. Get them while you can.

We'll be shipping them via USPS Priority Mail, which means 2 day shipping to most parts of the country, and no extra charges for shipping to Hawaii or Alaska. Canadians who would like to order please PM me for a shipping quote.

PriusChat Shop : 2010 Toyota Prius Mudguards Mud Flaps [PZ416-G0960-00 PZ416-G096] - $112.00

2. ajc

ajc Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I ordered the full set of Mud Flaps on Thursday and received them 2 days later on Saturday. I just finished installing them and wanted to share them with everyone. The front went on very easy but do not use the tabs that came with the kit because they are not as good as the original ones that you have to take out. Use the original ones, they are bigger and will hold the flaps better. The rear flaps were a little more time consuming but not that bad and I did not have to take off the rear wheels.

Thanks Danny for taking the time to get these Mud Flaps form overseas and for the fast delivery. :thumb:

Attached are some pictures. :D

Attached Files:

3. duffasaurus

duffasaurus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The front went on very easy but do not use the tabs that came with the kit because they are not as good as the original ones that you have to take out. Use the original ones, they are bigger and will hold the flaps better.

I too have installed these mudflaps & I disagree with the above statement. IMHO the new tabs will hold better because they are longer to handle the increased thickness of the mudflap!

4. ajc

ajc Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Not true, if you look at the tabs thickness of the part that goes into the wheel well you can see the original ones are much thicker and will hold better. I had them both in and the flaps felt tighter with the original tabs.

We will see which tabs hold up better.

I’ll put $$ that the original will. :D

5. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I still feel taht $112 for 4 mud flups is absolute robbery (no offense to the Prius Shop), at that price, they should come in stalled from the dealer.

6. duffasaurus

duffasaurus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yes, they are pricey, but since Toyota doesn't offer them domestically(why not?) what other choice does one, with extra cash, have? :rockon:

7. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'll continue to wait for alternatives, like the window vents... now can be had for half the price. I'm cheap, so waiting is easy.

8. hlkc

hlkc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Same here. the moment Danny posted last Tuesday, I was ready to get it but when I noticed the price, I've the same feeling and I told myself I can wait until next winter and see :rolleyes:

9. mitch672

mitch672 Technology Geek

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Dannys price is virtually the same as buying them from the UK Dealer who has the eBay auctions (where I got mine), but the delivery will be faster. I doubt there will be anything cheaper offered by Toyota, there may be third party knock offs, only time will tell, but I wouldn't hold my breath, it's probably not that high demand an item

Mitch

10. iris2048

iris2048 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Went to "new owner celebration" at my local Toyota dealer yesterday. They offered 20% discount on accessories, so I asked for mud flaps. I was told not offered for Prius due to aerodynamics, the flaps put up too much wind resistance. <??>

11. Vondutch

Vondutch New Member

I actually wondered this very thing. Could they add enough "resistance" to affect one's MPG? Hard to imagine, and yet...

12. ajc

ajc Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I quess there is no wind overseas? :eek:

13. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Well, $112 is a deal right now. We're going to have to up the price with the next shipment because I decided to price them low to start with to see what kind of demand there will be. We have to start making money on them with the next shipment. Only about 10 left in stock!

14. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    ajc - Do you mind sharing your technique for the rear wheels? I installed the front ones in about 5 minutes last night but ran out of daylight before I could start on the rears.

15. Much More Better

Much More Better Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I doubt it. But even if it did.............If we started to split hairs like that, we would have to start dumping weight to increase MPG: tonneau cover, owner's manual, loose change, cds, ice scraper, change to 15" rims from 17", and for those who can benefit, lose personal weight. :)

16. LeadingEdgeBoomer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Got mine today. Danny had followed up with a note that mis-packaging might have sent me two front sets, but all is OK. Ironically, the weather is too crappy now to install in the driveway--probably next week.

17. ajc

ajc Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The rear flaps were a little more work than the front.
    - Place flap over rear bottom wheel well and get a good fit, make sure the two holes in the flaps line up with the metal wheel well inner part (which is about 1 inch thick all the way around).
    - Mark the two holes with a marker or pen.
    - Slip the two brackets in where you marked the holes (make sure the bent part of the bracket is facing the rear of the car). You need to push the bracket in so it lines up with the holes).
    - Line the flap up so the holes match up.
    - Screw the screws into the holes (self tapping screws). Note: You will have enough clearance to be able to screw in the top, but the bottom hole you might have to use a small Philips adapter and tighten with pliers.
    - There is one screw left that you will have to place under the flap and screw into the plastic (self tapping).
    That's it - do the same for the other side.

2 people like this.
  18. Vondutch

Vondutch New Member

LoL :) excellent point!

19. GreenClipper

GreenClipper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I ordered my mudguards Sat. 2-20, shipped Monday 2-22, recieved today Wednesday 2-24. Can't ask for better service than that. Will install this weekend.
    Has anyone thought about putting some of the vinyl film, like the clear stuff that is put on the front end of a car, underneath these mudguards, to protect the body paint from chaffing. I put mudguards on my pickup years ago and they rub the paint on the sides, (under the flaps), till they have rubbed the paint off. You don't see it unless you physically move the edge of the flaps, but if I had known that was going to happen I'd have protected the paint. Any thoughts??

20. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If you are going to do that... you might as well just use the film instead of the flaps. I got the flaps and not really happy with the results. In hindsight I think applying the film to the entire lower area of the car would have been better. Less wind resistance. :)