1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Mud Flaps???

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by laufaye, Aug 16, 2009.

1. rachaelseven

rachaelseven New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    +1

2. topkick

topkick Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I also want a set (front and back).

3. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    No need for many me too emails... There should be an update in a day or two......

TTFN!

1 person likes this.
  4. radioprius1

radioprius1 Climate Conspirisist

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  5. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  6. Airbalancer

Airbalancer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Would not mud flap screw up the aerodynamics:confused:

Would a stone guard clear film be better

7. rachaelseven

rachaelseven New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Maybe, but probably not much. The tire is already right there anyway, right? Most people say yes, but I suspect the effect is small.

Would be ok, but not enough for my part of the world... you'd have to cover most of the car.

8. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There was no affect on fuel consumption when I fitted mudflaps to my Gen II so I doubt there will be any impact on the Gen III consumption.

9. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The Ebay retailer in the UK finally got back and said they would combine shipping. As their German and Japanese bretherin have not bothered to return my inquiries, and my car is getting a thicker coating of fresh tar from our streets each day, I bought the flaps from the UK...

Before buying these - you should contact the seller, and verify they will combine shipping (that is what I did).

Funny thing - they are cheaper than the Prius Gen II flaps...

If you wait, there may be a better deal coming - I just can't......

Cost (based on currency exchange rate today): $77.83 for front+back. $32.45 shipping... For those that will ask for the total, it's $110.28 landed ;-)

Front Flaps:
    TOYOTA PRIUS GENUINE FRONT MUD FLAPS MUDFLAPS 2009 ON on eBay (end time 20-Sep-09 11:49:16 BST)

Rear Flaps:
    TOYOTA PRIUS GENUINE REAR MUD FLAPS MUDFLAPS 2009 ON on eBay (end time 20-Sep-09 12:17:06 BST)

3 people like this.
  10. CPSDarren

CPSDarren CPS Technician

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nice- please let us know when you get them and how hard it is to install them. Photos, too!

11. cpatch

cpatch New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  12. indianagreg

indianagreg Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I'm still waiting to hear from them. But then I just emailed them yesterday (?).

13. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yes - it took me 3 days to get a response, and I never heard back about multiple buys and shipping... Once they sent me the email stating they'd combine shipping for my order, I was happy.

Funny - the email response to my 3 sentence question was very simple "Yes." :cool: I get the idea they don't have a huge Internet presence....

But on the bright side, they have the product......

1 person likes this.
  14. Edward Walsh

Edward Walsh New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Hi Rrolff:

Thank you very much for this posting! I sent off to the Seller a few minutes ago a request for combined shipping to Newfoundland, Canada. Brought home my 'baby' yesterday and around the wheel wells it wasn't a pretty site.

The cost for converting the mudflaps from British Pounds to Canadian Dollar is $45 for the Front or Rear. Add shipping to that and if they send both for the same rate of one I am looking at just over $120 for everything. Considering that in the past I have paid $60 per set for other cars I figure that isn't too bad all the way from England.

It just sucks that it isn't an 'option' as of yet for either Canadian or US purchasers. At least it could have been 'available' to buy.

Once again thanks for your effort.....

15. topkick

topkick Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks I ordered from them also and got email this morning that they had shipped. I also asked them to combine the shipping and they did. They refunded 20 pounds or $33.18 on the shipping. I would buy from them again. I appreciate you letting us know about this supplier.

16. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It's nice to know everyone *else* has them coming... It's been a week, and my order is sort of lost in transit - of course, they added a new dash plastic (for my stereo/nav upgrade) - but still haven't adjusted my total so I can pay them :( I've been calling each day - and keep getting the 'we're sorry - we're really busy' - but this morning they promised to get the total to me - then left for the day:confused:

All in all, it'll be worth the wait - just wish I had a second source.

17. rachaelseven

rachaelseven New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm having similar issues with communication - the only correspondence they've returned are eBay messages. But they never did give me a total with the correct combined shipping charge. So I ended up paying shipping on each on (£20 each!) to get the order moving and I'm hoping they'll refund the extra £20 they now owe me.

18. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've found the only way to make it work is to call early in the morning, and explain what's going on (011-44-8448152444). Of course - as I mentioned - they apologized profusely, said they'd send out my total so I could pay them, then quietly left for the day :rolleyes: Looks like another call tomorrow AM! At least they did say my stereo part will take two more days - which means they're doing something - maybe - possibly - hopefully :confused:

19. topkick

topkick Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    That is what I did, made both orders with a seperate email through ebay to combine the shipping. This morning when I received the email that they had shipped, I replied to that email and asked if they had refunded part of the shipping. I got a one word reply 'YES' but just a few minutes later I got one from paypal that $33.18 (20 pounds) was refuned to my account.

I was surprised to get the one word response so soon. Now to see just how long it takes for British Postal Service to get the package here.

Anyway just happy to find a source for the Mud Flaps, I had them on my 2007 and it really did help keep some of the junk off the doors and rear fender.