1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Mud Flaps???

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by laufaye, Aug 16, 2009.

1. topkick

topkick Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I was notified Monday the 7th that my Mud Flaps had shipped. This morning around 0900 FEDEX delivered them to me! I have not installed them yet, most likely that will happen this afternoon.

They are not quite a heavy as the one's I had on my 2007 but they look to be heavy enough.

You can't beat the service from this dealer in England. Any way once you get notified of shipment, it will not be long before they arrive.

:cheer2:UPDATE: I installed the Mud Flaps and they work just fine. No instructions but if you look back in this forum you will find the instructions.

I was unable to install the two rear flaps without removing the tire, I was able to do so on my 2007 but after fumbling around for half an hour I removed the tire and the install went quick after that.

The front was very easy just turn the tire to the side to give yourself more room and the front flaps come with one replacement plastic push button, but if you are careful you can remove the one that is there and reuse it. Then you reuse two screw/bolt and it's done. The rear flaps come with the needed screws and clips.

I will see if my camera is working and will try to add a couple of pictures to this, they look pretty much like the Gen II did.

Attached Files:

4 people like this.
  2. cpatch

cpatch New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Cool...post pics once you do.

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Awesome topkick, so in the end how much did it cost? I got a message into Parts.com to see if they can get a hold of them.

Peter

[Edit] - Parts.com still can not get a hold of them.

4. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    End cost is $110 to your door...

If there's anything else you may want from them (not available here), now's the time to add it on as shipping is high...

2 people like this.
  5. topkick

topkick Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    They cost me $112.72. The difference in the price could be due to the exchange rate on any given day.

They do have them and they do fit. Seemed strange on the customs import sheet they were listed as being made in Tawian, but the part is stamped as made in France I believe. Anyway there was no customs due on them.

6. cpatch

cpatch New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks for the photos...any chance of getting a few of the whole car so they can be seen in context?

7. Econ

Econ Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    they perhaps help but i wonder about the disruption of the air flow. and fuel consumption?

8. topkick

topkick Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I will try, but we have had a lot of thunder storms the past few days and if I can get a good clear day.

The mud flaps sort of blend in with the tires from any distance and I don't think are that noticeable.

9. topkick

topkick Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    People will argue both ways and I don't care that much. I had them on my 2007 and did not notice any change in mpg. I did really notice a big difference in the lack of junk splattered on my doors and rear fenders after I installed them.

They won't keep all of it off but they do help enough for me to have them on my 2010.

10. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    This is one of the funnier posts I have seen in some time - thank you for the moment :D

11. radioprius1

radioprius1 Climate Conspirisist

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The plastic hubcaps on the 15" wheels improve aerodynamics. I wouldn't be surprised if you took a 1 or 2 mpg hit with the mudflaps. They are basically like very small parachutes.

12. cpatch

cpatch New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You'll actually get better photos if it's overcast. In any case, thanks.

13. indianagreg

indianagreg Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well, I finally got my response and paid for two sets of front and rear mud flaps. The net result for shipping was the same as if I'd paid for just one set (GBP 40). From others' experiences, it seems as though the seller ships quicker than they respond to emails. Let's hope that continues!

Greg

14. topkick

topkick Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    With my cheap camera it may not matter.:) Here they are. I know you didn't ask but my 2010 silver has clear bra, side molding, door edge guards, window tinting and the mud flaps. The only other thing that I may be interested in now is side window shades.

I had them on my 2007 and it's really nice when you open the window in the rain you don't get a lot of water rolling off the roof into the car. They do give problems with the auto up and down and sometimes are hard to close the window with them.

Anyway here's the pictures.

Attached Files:

4 people like this.
  15. cpatch

cpatch New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Perfect, thanks. Time to put my order in.

BTW, from a photography standpoint overcast days are better for shooting because the light is diffuse. Even a high-end DSLR has difficulty capturing the dynamic range between shadow and sunlight on a sunny day.

16. rachaelseven

rachaelseven New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sorry for going off-topic, but that's really only true for documenting technical details, in my experience. If you want your subject to look alive at all, much better to photograph on a clear day when the sun is low in the sky (early morning or late afternoon). The low angle gives better highlight/shadow and the reddish hue is much more flattering to people and flowers and such.

17. Edward Walsh

Edward Walsh New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi:

When I got up today I had several emails from Pentagon Toyota Sheffield waiting for me. They stated that the product I ordered has shipped as of today. Great news! Hopefully I will get it before the weekend.

In placing the order I had a bit of an experience as Topkick can testify to.:) I placed my order and even though in previous emails with them stating a better rate of shipping for the Mud Flaps I couldn't change the shipping charges of 20 GBP for each set of Mud Flaps along with 20 GBP for each Keyring that they had on eBay for a total of 80 GBP ($150 CDN). After doing a PM to Topkick I contacted Pentagon Toyota Sheffield via Fax as it seemed that my messages through the eBay route didn't work and my MasterCard was charged the total shipping plus the Front and Rear Mud Flaps and two Keyrings.

The good news was that the Fax worked (or someone finally looked at the messages about 'combined shipping' that they previously emailed me) and I received a message with the others that the 80 GBP shipping charges had been reduced to only 15 GBP and my Credit Card would be refunded!!!:) Needless to say I am feeling a lot better tonight. Look forward to getting them now and having a bit of protection versus nothing. Hopefully soon Toyota US or Toyota Canada will make these available for everyone.

Thought I would share my little experience with this company in case you were wondering on whether to order them or not. Might be slow in responding but once they do they quickly make things right.

Take care.....

1 person likes this.
  18. topkick

topkick Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thats great Edward, glad that it all worked out. The last time I looked on ebay they had sold 11 sets so far.

1 person likes this.
  19. rachaelseven

rachaelseven New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I found Pentagon Toyota to be rather slow dealing with my pre-purchase emails. I got the sense they were swamped and couldn't be bothered. However, once I paid for the mud flaps (front and rear), the items were shipped quickly and the vendor did refund the excess shipping charges promptly.

20. Pohaku

Pohaku Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I ordered flaps on the 10th and received an e-mail early this morning indicating that they had shipped. They also sent an e-mail through e-bay indicating receipt of my order and acknowledging the bulk shipping. I expect I will have to remind them to refund the additional shipping, but so far things seem on track.