1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Mud Flaps???

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by laufaye, Aug 16, 2009.

1. mindmachine

mindmachine Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Ordered 9/17, shipped 9/21, recieved today 9/23
    great deal.

2. MSantos

MSantos EcoAccelerometry

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    Well, as I had mentioned before, I simply could not drive the car for long without mudflaps... so a week after the car arrived I asked one of my relatives to buy me a set from a dealership closest to them and ship it to me.

Now I am happier and I certainly cannot blame those of you who feel the same way. Now I can look at the Winter season and the tar on the road straight in the eye and say:

Bring it on !! :D

Cheers;

MSantos

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Wow, got the mud guards today! Two days shipping from the UK to here (Alaska)... amazing.

[edit] Interesting... my guards were mark as made in France. They must be having to import from other places to meet the US demand!

4. floppyarms

floppyarms New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If it is any use to you guys my UK based dealer has been very useful, not sure if they are able to ship things around the world or anything but gotta be worth a chat? Wayside Toyota can be contacted at +44 1727 874747

If this is no good please disregard...

Floppy

1 person likes this.
  5. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine were marked made in Germany.

6. venom700

venom700 Just call me Brian...

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Mine were marked made in Taiwan.

7. hotbrass

hotbrass New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Mine were declared on the customs form as country of origin, Taiwan.

8. Snowbell

Snowbell That's the cat! Snow...

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ordered 9-21-09 - Shipped 9-23-09 - Received 9-25-09
    Excellent service and super fast shipping!

The package label says "Made in France" and the parts themselves say "Made by BRUNET for TOYOTA". The commercial invoice included has Germany listed as name and address of manufacturer.

I just had a question for those who received these mud flaps.

With the front mud flaps I received a package of 2 push-in plastic screws with washer attached.

The rear mud flaps came with a package of 6 -1/2" (I think 1/2") phillips head screws along with 4 small rectangular double-sided push- on washer clips.

Is that what everyone else got with theirs? I guess installation is supposed to be self-explanatory as their was no little installation sheet included.

Thanks all for any info. :)

9. zjkozlica

zjkozlica New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Count me in if the group order happens. 100% sure. Thank you.:)

10. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  11. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, that's exactly what I received. There is a previous post in this thread with an attached PDF doc with the install instructions as well as excellent first person explanations of what was seen and done during the install.

Edit . . . Dang you guys are fast posters. You beat me to the reply . . . ;)

1 person likes this.
  12. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  13. indianagreg

indianagreg Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    A month ago or so I called Toyota Customer Experience and, after being placed on hold for about 15 minutes, was told that neither body side moldings nor mud flaps would be made available in the US. The Toyota dealer in Windsor, Ontario, Canada told me that for the first year in memory, they no longer had access to mud flaps; in the past they had shipped them to, among other places, Belgium and Germany.

Disappointingly, a letter regarding this lack of supply sent to Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A. has gone unanswered.

Anyway, that's why I ended up ordering mud flaps from England and body side moldings from Canada.

Greg

14. dfran1

dfran1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  15. indianagreg

indianagreg Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I ordered two sets from them and paid 40 GBP total for shipping. At the time that worked out to ~$116 per set including FedEx shipping. The exchange rate is now slightly more favorable than when I ordered. Shipping might be much less (and much slower) if they sent them via the British Postal Service, but they may be unwilling to do so due to the understandably preferred convenience of simply dropping the mud flaps (already in a plastic bag) into a plastic FedEx bag for routine daily pick up.

I would also suggest that you express your displeasure at the lack of mud flaps in the USA to Toyota Customer Experience via their toll free number.

Greg

16. cpatch

cpatch New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You'd think that two hole sets would weigh close to nothing.

17. Pohaku

Pohaku Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    AFAIK, pentagonsheffield is the only known easily available source. I expect you could contact other European dealers and see what kind of price you could get, but they may or may not be willing to ship and take paypal. If some of these mudflaps are actually made in Taiwan, it might be possible to get them through a dealer there as well, but that may take some looking.

18. dfran1

dfran1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    One would have thought that they would just charge a little more!
    I might be able to justify it if they were color keyed to the car, but just black ones!
    I paid ~40 for my black ones for the 2005 Prius not ~110:eek:

I might have to, the closer winter comes:( if I don't find a cheaper option.
    Thanks
    Don

19. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Guys,

This thread is beating a dead horse well into the earth's core (not dissimilar to "post your phone that works with the Prius").

At current, there is one source - if you buy it today, expect to get it in 4 days (yes 1-2 days to ship, 2 business days Fed EX). You no longer need to post "I bought it xx and it shipped xx and it came xx. Many including me have tried to source the thing elsewhere - there is no other source today. If you find one, great - post it.

Sheffield ships in a generic FedEx bag - it holds xxx amount. They can combine shipping if it fits in the bag. I bought something else, they fit it, so they combined shipping.

These flaps are not tiny, hence there is no way 2 pairs will fit in the bag - hence the double shipping. It is what it is until we get a new source. It is not crazy priced - it's coming from the UK, and mostly made in the EU (or Taiwan - or wherever - meaning more shipping)! There is no second source, so supply and demand says they can really charge anything.

Oh and BTW - mine is stamped made in EU
    Also has a tooling number - T55
    Also has a ref: PZ 41b-G09b0-00
    :cool:

Do we really care what is stamped on the plastic

Just my $.02 rant...

3 people like this.
  20. bighouse

bighouse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model: