1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Mudguards now available in the PriusChat Shop!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Danny, Feb 17, 2010.

1. n2imagination

n2imagination New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the pics. Defiantly getting these now.

2. davehk

davehk New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I have 2010 Prius III .. just brought the Euro verison of mudflap .. the rear mduflaps seems not match for 2010 US Prius's body style. According to the installation guide, there are 2 "pre-drilled" holes on the rear bumper for 2 screws for the mudflaps. Buth I looked my prius, there are no "pre-drilled" holes for the screws. Need some help to find out .. do i need drill 2 holes on the bummper?

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes, that is why it came with self-tapping screws. Just line things up and drive them in.

4. davehk

davehk New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    :rockon:
    thank you spiderman ... i installed and looks great

5. SmellyTofu

SmellyTofu Average punter

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks Danny for the Euro mudflaps. They make the car look more complete even with the skinny cheese-cutter wheels. The fronts fitted very well, rears were tricky and was kind of harder to locate but managed to get it on with some gaps but who's going to get down and point out the 2mm gap!

6. SuperchargedMR2

SuperchargedMR2 Diehard Rams Fan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just got a set of the smaller US mud flaps, they arrived today. I'm going to install them tomorrow. Looks to be a very simple job. :)

7. Bullydog

Bullydog Meus Prius

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you Danny for the very fast shipment of the US version mudguards for my 2011 Prius. I installed them today and they look awesome! I would like to brag about how skilled I am to have installed them, but in reality, they were VERY easy to install. The front guards were really easy. Just turn the wheels all the way clockwise to install the right mudguard, and counterclockwise for the left. You will have plenty of clearance. The back guards were a bit trickier, only for the reason that I was lazy and didn't take the wheels off for the install (had I taken the wheels off, the install would have been just as simple as it was for the front install). On the back mudguards, I used the power screwdriver to get the self tapping screws started, then I used a small right angle Phillips Head screwdriver to install the screws by hand. I was careful to keep the screws as straight as possible with the small screwdriver. The back took longer than the front, but you can do it without removing the wheels. Installed, they look like they came from the factory on the car. They look really good and I think they will keep the dirty road spray from the tires going onto the side of my car. I don't think gas mileage will be impacted much (if at all), as they barely stick out. If you are considering these, I highly recommend them!

8. jaredy

jaredy Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Is it required to do any drilling work with US version mudguard? :confused:
    People said needed or not. I am confused.

9. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The screws are going in plastic and not metal. You can either drill or press hard and the screws will self-tap.

10. ockevin

ockevin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    No drilling is necessary...the kit gives you a self taping screw. Some guys pre drill to make it easier....but its not required.

11. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I would like to get one if they come in body color a lesson learned when we had our other vehicle. It looks sharper than the mudguards with black color. Danny, I think you have to sell them too - body colored mudguards.

Bullet Salvador likes this.
  12. Godzuki

Godzuki Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Here's some pics of the Euro mudguards on a 2012 PIP (standard trim, classic silver metallic).

[​IMG]
    Side View

[​IMG]
    View from underneath of rear

[​IMG]
    View of front mudguard

[​IMG]
    Another side view

Bullet Salvador likes this.
  13. blakemster

blakemster Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have the exact PIP as you ... I was thinking I need the mud flaps color matched to the classic silver to keep with the lines of the car... ANY THOUGHTS?

14. Godzuki

Godzuki Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm sure that color-matched mudguards would look nice, too... When you are out cruising, see if you can spot other cars (it could be any make/model car) with color-matched guards so that you can see whether you like the look. :)

15. Reagle

Reagle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just installed US version ones. Three went on without a hitch, the last one has a weird issue. It's the rear passenger side one. It uses VHB tape along the bottom and two screws along vertical edge. The tape just did not want to stick. That's despite me cleaning everything with alcohol. As soon as I put the screws in place and started tightening them the flap would swivel a bit forward. Holes look to be in the right place and everything is tight and gap free. Same install on the other side was fine. So I am calling it a fluke and getting replacement VHB tape strips. Maybe this time I'll put them on the vehicle first

16. Plus IV

Plus IV LowGen4

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Anybody know if either the US or Euro spec can be installed with the Plus Performance kit on?

17. ockevin

ockevin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I would like to know as well.

18. Plus IV

Plus IV LowGen4

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I think the Euro fit would compliment the kit nicely.

19. sjw37620

sjw37620 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    How long does processing and shipping usually take? I orderd my euro stile mud flaps april 28 and got an update order processed next day but now almost 3 weeks later i havent gotten any updates.

20. HEKTOR

HEKTOR Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    is there any plans of making them for a 2012 Prius?...