1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius OEM-quality Fog Light Kit Now Available!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Danny, May 10, 2010.

1. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four

I'm 99% sure it doesn't have it

2. Mike047

Mike047 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    thanks for the info!!!

3. kawita

kawita Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey guys,
    I'm installing fog lights I got from Rakuten.com and ran into a little hitch. The only thing through the firewall was the switch so I have 2 wires to connect in fuse box and I'm not sure how to do it. The white wire is the power going to the lamps, can I buy a connector and plug it right into the fuse box like the wiring that comes with the PC set? Other ideas? This would go into the slot right above the white wire already plugged into the fuse box.

The 2nd wire is green, this is the ignition/on switch. Can I tap it into the brown wire in the bundle going into the fuse box? Is this the same brown wire below the dash?
    Thanks for any help and insights.

Attached Files:

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    kawita, yes you can put a connector on the white wire and plug it in to one of the empty terminals in the fuse box. However, I'm not sure whether the green wire should be connected to the brown wire in the fuse box that you mentioned. You have run two wires into the car for the switch, so why not run one more and tap into the brown wire behind the dash as outlined in the instructions for the OEM foglights?

kawita likes this.
  5. Infini

Infini Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Woohoo pulled the trigger! Just a note on your site the price is $114 but there says $109 but the link goes to a bad page. Look for ward to the install!

PS: Also paid via paypal. When I clicked continue to Prius chat site it went to a blank page and stayed that way. Now I got a paid note form Paypal but the site says I never made the transaction so far. Any suggestions?

6. Infini

Infini Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok now i'm feeling jinxed (amongst other feelings). I called and you guys are at a Prius conference. So this might be in limbo for a week for so??

7. Infini

Infini Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks! Arrived in the mail just now :). VERY quick response time.

8. hsnmz

hsnmz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How many nuts and screws are used in this installation and how many do come packed with the kit

9. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Everything you need comes in the kit. In fact, it comes with extra screws. so when you have extra screws at the end of your installation, don't panic. ;)

hsnmz likes this.
  10. hsnmz

hsnmz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I got mine delivered from Japan and it has no screws, zip ties any such thing with it. My friend sent it to through someone who was coming from Japan. He carried it in his hand carry so he disposed the packing to save space. I am guessing the he didn't notice the small packet of screws while disposing the packaging. But these shouldn't be hard to find locally

11. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You only need one screw on each side to secure the foglight into the shrouds. The screw goes in the side opposite the two that slide into the openings in the shroud. Then a few zip ties to secure the wires out of the way and get everything neat.

SCH-I535

hsnmz likes this.
  12. hsnmz

hsnmz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    got it, thanks. My car is on the way from Japan, will take around 15 days to get here. Then will do the install.
    Will come back here if needed to know anything.

13. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The Five does have a fog indicator in the MFD.

14. Koreaneugene

Koreaneugene Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four

It is switch activated so yes, you can keep em on as DRLs or for whenever you deem fit

15. vr4playa

vr4playa Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is there any way to buy just the drivers side lens/bulb?

I have a 2010 Prius 5, however, the drivers side fog is cracked. Toyota wants $160 so even the full kit is cheaper than that, but I figured I'd see if I could just get one. Also is there any way to order today and get it to 60101 by Sat?

I'm in Chicago now and need it for the ride back to AZ. We leave on Sun.

16. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    There are many available on eBay and Amazon. FYI, if you are looking for a replacement only, and not a complete kit, you can search for many Toyota models such as Yaris, RX350, the previous generation Sienna, Camry, and Corolla. They all use the same foglights. Just be sure it has the 4 mounting tabs on the foglight housing.

The OEM or takeoffs cost just as much for one as the whole kit with wiring harness and switch for aftermarket.

If only the lens is cracked, as in hairline, it is still usable, till you can remove and replace it.

SCH-I535

17. vr4playa

vr4playa Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Unfortunately it's more than a hairline. Here's a pic...

Attached Files:

18. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yikes, looks like you lost both the lens and bulb. :eek:

The bulbs are easily replaced, they are H11 55w halogen bulbs.

If you have access to a dremel type rotary tool with a cutoff wheel and a sanding disk, this is what I would do. Buy a small sheet of Lexan or acrylic from a local hardware store like Lowes's or Home Depot (1/8" or 1/4" thickness, 1/8' will definitely be easier to work with). Lexan will probably stand up to the heat from the halogen bulb better than acrylic, but both might get hazy after a bit from exposure to the heat. Remove and clean up all the broken lens pieces off the foglight housing and any adhesive from the housing. Place the foglight onto the sheet of lexan and trace the housing outline with a felt tip pen, it's going to be an oval shape. Cut the lexan with the rotary tool and finish off any rough edges with some sanding. Glue the temporary lens onto the housing with some silicone adhesive, preferably some high temp gasket type and set aside to cure.

That should be adequate to get you back to Arizona. The lens doesn't focus the light, it's just there to protect the bulb. Then you can take some time to get a replacement foglight once you're back in Arizona.

19. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    vr4playa, what was the outcome?

SCH-I535

20. Buzzhead

Buzzhead Non-Interference w/ devel of pre-Warp civs

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'm Happy with the fog light kit. My buddy RocketRob (of Porsche Rennlist fame) bought them for me for Christmas. It took us maybe three hours working together to put them in. Everything went exactly per the directions. We deviated slightly and put the relay and fuse on the inboard side of the electronics package, rather than on the firewall, so that the relay was facing up, lessening the chance of getting any water in it. We also used a little silicone lube, rather than soapy water for pulling the wire through the grommet, and it slipped through without resistance.
    Ops check good in the fog this afternoon.