1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Owners Poll - really

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by DeanFL, Jul 1, 2009.

?
  1. 1. Overall, the car EXCEEDS my expectations

68.7%
  2. 1. Overall, the car MEETS my expectations

30.4%
  3. 1. Overall, the car DOES NOT MEET my expectations

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 2. I WOULD recommend the car to others

94.8%
  5. 2. I WOULD NOT recommend the car to others

0.9%
  6. 3. I am EXTREMELY SATISFIED with the car

82.6%
  7. 3. I am SOMEWHAT SATISFIED with the car

12.2%
  8. 3. I am NOT SATISFIED with the car

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 4. I paid OVER MSRP

1.7%
  10. 4. I paid MSRP

61.7%
  11. 4. I paid UNDER MSRP

33.0%
  12. 5. Overall my dealer was EXCELLENT

52.2%
  13. 5. Overall my dealer was GOOD

41.7%
  14. 5. Overall my dealer was POOR

2.6%
  15. 6. I DO NOT have quality / build issues so far

88.7%
  16. 6. I HAVE quality / build issues so far

7.0%
  17. 7. I HAVE NOT brought my car back to fix problem

67.0%
  18. 7. I HAVE brought my car back to fix problem

7.0%
  19. 8. The build quality / Fit & Finish is EXCELLENT

67.0%
  20. 8. The build quality / Fit & Finish is GOOD

28.7%
  21. 8. The build quality / Fit & Finish is POOR

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  22. 9. I'm pleased with my CHOICE of COLOR and MODEL

93.0%
  23. 9. I'm NOT pleased with my CHOICE of COLOR and MODEL

2.6%
  24. 10. I'm HAPPY with my MPG results so far

84.3%
  25. 10. I'm NOT HAPPY with my MPG results so far

11.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    May be interesting to take the current pulse of the fortunate ones that now have their cars.

Please SELECT ONLY ONE PER QUESTION NUMBER 1 - 10 (poll creation is very limited).

And current Owners Only please.

2. dmvp

dmvp Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I would just like to add that I only brought my Prius in so the dealer could inspect the cargo net issue. (so clicked the "had an issue") Everything else has been wonderful!!

3. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Same - my cargo net issue was resolved when I went back for three Prius photo shoot. The service lead was bright enough to come up w/ the solution on the spot.

This poll may have been better served separately w/ radio button options as folks will inevitably click the first choice and submit before they're finished :(

4. DeanFL

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

Seems as if most poll responders 'get it', and continue through all 10 questions. The poll creation is quite simple and limited, allowing only one question and a number of selections. Understandably it may initially be a bit confusing, but looks as if Prius owners are smart folks.

This sure isn't a scientific study by any means - more for fun and interest in the general results. For those respondents that have had 'quality issues - needed to bring their car back for service', perhaps a quick explanation on a reply would be valuable. ie, major issue as the failed MID (display) or minor as the cargo net problem.

Interesting that from the 30 poll respondents to date, none paid more than MSRP...or admitted it.

5. Lafferty

Lafferty Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    What a difference a year makes. If you would have told me last summer that I could get the new generation Prius, that is bigger, more powerful, and more refined for around $23k, I would never believe it.

As for my purchase, it was very positive. This car is amazing.

6. DeanFL

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

As you - I'm in disbelief as well. Driving a crossover SUV getting 19MPG for many years. Really no intention on buying another vehicle, even with the gas $ spike last summer. But in winter saw some spy photos of the 2010 Prius, and hmmmm. It escalated from there, culminating in delivery of my V on 6/13. $5K more than yours, but it's exactly what I wanted.

Always thought the Prius was a niche vehicle, and bless the folks that drive them. Little did I know I'd be in the Prii party now.
    A few very small niggles as of now, but overall extremely pleased. Just ordered my specialty FL license plate (green theme). When the prisoners finish stamping it out, it will finish off my unexpected transportation metamorphosis.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  7. Lafferty

Lafferty Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Dean, your Barcelona Red is simply stunning with the window tint.

1 person likes this.
  8. DeanFL

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    a bump - for those owners who have not taken the poll yet. 65 have to date.
    Remember to review and answer all 10 questions.

9. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Other than one safety feature of the NHW11 and NHW20, I'm very pleased with our ZVH30. Also, the Bluetooth could be documented better but this is not a problem unique to the Prius. The failure to adequately document Bluetooth standards hurts everyone. Bluetooth is the Java of wireless.

Bob Wilson

10. str64

str64 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: 2010 Prius Owners Poll - let's be careful about MSRP

One of the questions on the poll is whether you paid less than, equal to, or more than the MSRP. How in the world could anybody know??

Of course the dealer can subtract $100 from the line labelled MSRP, but then add back $100, or $150 someplace else. Are you sure the "document fees" are $350 and not $250? What about dealer's prep? detailing? delivery? even the taxes ( and sometimes there are state, local, business and other tasex are a place to play games) because earlier versions can be used to hide and move around $, and then the final sheet gets corrected.

Did you not notice that that from the time you started "negotiating" until you wrote the check or signed the loan papers, that 2, 3, oreven 4 different sales papers weres shown to you? Did the FINAL sales contract you got show all the details that the earlier papers showed, or did it start with some "total car and accessories" number or something else where you have no idea how they got the number (and you certainly don't know what "MSRP" you paid)? What did youpay for warrantees, etc. Remember it's a zero sum game, you move the $ from this line and put them in that line.

I've been buying cars for almost 50 years (Chevy, Chrysler, Ford, Honda, Toyota, VW, etc.) and can say that the pros (the sales people) are way ahead of the game. I am not implying that MOST dealers are not honest, only that they play so many "games", I doubt that anybody really knows if they paid less than than the MSRP unless the discount is more than, say, $500, and they didn't buy anything else.

Of course, if you are happy and think you got a discount, isn't that all that matters?

11. mvmooney

mvmooney New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My dealer (in the SF Bay Area) got me my new Prius fast (late May) but told me that "my MSRP" was $22,750, even though the sticker (which I did not see until after I bought the car) has the MSRP at $22,000. The $750 was Dealer Processing and Handling Fee. Had I known this, I would have tried to get this removed.

Overall, I am very happy with my base model Prius. Though, I'm not crazy about the stereo quality. Also, when a door is left slightly open, the car indicates this but does not tell you which door--I find this very annoying and cheap. Do non-base models have this issue?

12. Cryxic

Cryxic New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The extra $750 represents a standard destination charge, not dealers playing games. If you paid $22,750 for the Prius II, you paid MSRP.

I'm happy with just about everything. The car drives well, it's very fuel efficient, and it's spacious. Third Generation rocks!