1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 prius p0a41

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Sharnold, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Sharnold

Sharnold Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Replaced the transmission in a prius due to the old one not working correctly now I am getting this code. You can clear the code crank and drive the car then the infamous red triangle comes up with this code only then you have to reset codes and it does it all over after driving......any ideas other that replacing the stator motor

2. douglasjre

douglasjre Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    You broke a wire from the ecu to the trans. Trace it w this Telephone/Phone Network Cable Tester Wire Line LAN Cable RJ Tracker Toner Tracer

$15 on eBay. Solder broken wire and ur done.

bisco likes this.
  3. Sharnold

Sharnold Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Tbh sir this is what I expected ty..... I told them the same thing........ I'm repeating what they told me and put it on here.......now I have to go to another garage tomorrow and look at the prius.... I work on them also and I figured this much..... also you was my second opinion and I appreciate it . But my other issue with what they said was the had trouble removing the wires from the prius inverter box to remove the transmission..... I personally think they got in to something they do not understand and screwed something up somewhere. The owner did not like my quote and took it to another shop that my friend owns. They cut my price by $150 now they got to pay me to fix it. C'est la vie

4. douglasjre

douglasjre Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I'll be interested to hear where the problem was. please update us with pictures and information when it's found so we can learn from your experience

5. Sharnold

Sharnold Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No broken wires no broken plugs you can clear the codes drive the car same issue. I even replaced the m1 m2 position sensor same issue but they did give me the wrong code its pulling P0A4B

6. Sharnold

Sharnold Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm leaning on it being the engine ecu or the inverter ecu the car runs great drives and shifts well and is Charging the battery correctly. The downfall is after clearing the codes you can drive it all you want with no codes it's when you turn the car off it throws the P0A4B then you have to clear the codes to restart...... now taking all opinions now taking all opinions

#6 Sharnold, Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019