1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius P0A94 Code

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Hlfxprius, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Hlfxprius

Hlfxprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I recently purchased a 2010 Prius (3 months ago) with 125,000 Miles/ (200,000 KM). Today after I started up the Prius and after driving about 500 feet I heard a loud clunk followed by the hybrid warnings lights/check engine lights coming on. I could still drive the car (which I did for approx 2 Miles to get it home) but there was a significant loss of power. When I checked the engine codes with my generic code read I got a P0A94 code. Since I don't have any tools to read the rest of the hybrid codes I guess I will be taking it to the toyota dealer. Anything I should look/ask for when I drop it off. Does this sound like a potential inverter failure ? I see there was a warranty extension on these in the USA, but I can't seem to find any info for Canada, so I'm guessing it wasn't extended here.

2. HeyMikeyLikesIt

HeyMikeyLikesIt New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi I'm in the same boat, did you ever get this resolved, any tips?