1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius pictures everywhere! - 56k beware!

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by spwolf, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I always follow at a safe distance. Not all roads are straight though, and not all roads are perfectly level. There are many roads that curve or sections of the freeway/expressway that have uneven pavement and bumps. All of this requires constant eyes on the road to keep your vehicle inside your own lane. That is why I have the buttons on my car memorized - so that I never NEED to take my eyes off of the road. And yeah, I agree with you that there are a LOT of other drivers that you can't take your eyes off of for a second, because the other driver may be the one that almost runs into you.

Side note: I could care less where the speedometer is located. I almost never look at the thing anyway. I think most of us can figure out whether we are driving the same speed as the other cars around us, slightly faster, or slightly slower. And when traffic is light, I think most of us have enough driving experience that we can figure out whether we are going "way too fast" or "acceptable." Honestly, the only time I ever look at my speedometer is if a police officer is around. Otherwise, it could be located in the trunk and it wouldn't bother me.