1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Recall Software Update Experiences

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Danny, Feb 10, 2010.

1. neggen

neggen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sorry - I found this post on a google search for the problem and there were lots of people posting on it back in 2010/2011.

Mods can move my question to the appropriate place in the technical service?

2. neggen

neggen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Oh, looks like they did. Thank you Mods.

3. IanH

IanH New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have the same problem with my 2010 - this spring I had a few very scary moments "lurching" through narrow broken up city streets. Does the community have a consensus that the issue is with all GEN III model years or only 2010?

neggen likes this.
  4. grin19

grin19 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My brakes are ok...WATCH your gas mileage, mine dropped 12 mpg. Had the software re-installed and I thought it was better but not so.

5. Troy Heagy

Troy Heagy Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Really??? :( That sounds like what Honda did to Civic hybrids: Reprogrammed the software and the MPG dropped. One woman actually sued Honda over it, but eventually lost the lawsuit, because the appeals court decided she was still within the "range" listed on the EPA label.

6. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The MPG change is nonsense. Initially people reported increased MPG. Well, it did increase due to winter transitioning to spring. Now, there is all that talk about decreased MPG. Sure, because everyone started using AC in summer.
    I call it common sense deficiency. Quite epidemic if you ask me.

7. grin19

grin19 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Not nonsense. Actually, I am not using AC yet. My Prius gas mileage always increases in the summer due to the warmer weather. I have had the software reinstalled. At first it looked good, now I am back to 33 mpg. I have NEVER gotten gas mileage like this. Back to the dealer again.