1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius recall

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by donaldboyer, Apr 7, 2021.

Tags:
  1. donaldboyer

donaldboyer New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello!

I have a 2010 Prius ZVW30 from Japan. How do I know if the recall that affected this car has been completed? Is there a software version I can reference from the car?

I am new here, so my apologies if my question is a little silly.

Donald
    New Zealand

2. Team_Geek

Team_Geek Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  3. sLick415

sLick415 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Here in the US, we can login to Toyota's website, add our vehicle VIN to our account, and it'll let us know if there's an open recall for the car that hasn't been taken care of yet.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    or call a dealer or toyota and ask

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Might be info on Toyota.au?

6. GabrielD

GabrielD Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    V
  7. GabrielD

GabrielD Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    V
    Tommorow I have appointment to get this resofting done.

I am curios what will be different after?
    I am planning to save data with Techstream, before, but I am not sure what exactly parameters to save...
    Anyone can help me with info about this?
    After, I will compare to see if something differ.

8. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Any more description, what specifically are they doing? It’s a software update? For which component, ie: brakes, inverter for example? Those are two items I know of that have had software updates.

9. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    In the US, there have been multiple recalls on different systems and issues. Are you sure for the Japan model there was only one recall? Or could you specify which recall you are scheduled to have done?

If you have Techstream, you can certainly save the calibration ID numbers for the different ECUs. Then you will be able to see which ones have different calibration IDs afterward. That won't tell you specifically what the changes were, but it is an easy way to confirm the dealership actually did something, and to which ECUs.

10. GabrielD

GabrielD Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    V
    Yes, it's a software update.
    Here is the reason:

"
    Toyota has issued a recall for 266,637 Toyota Prius vehicles from the 2013 through 2015 model years and Prius V vehicles from the 2014 through 2017 model years. It said that the vehicle may not go into fail-safe driving mode when intended, which could lead to the car losing power and stalling.

According to Toyota, the vehicles will retain power steering and braking capabilities. However, a vehicle that stalls when driving at higher speed could increase the risk of a crash.

When Consumer Reports asked Toyota whether it's aware of any crashes or injuries related to the problem, a spokeswoman said the automaker "will refrain from commenting."

Later edit:
    Can you describe where to go in Techstream to save that cal ID? Or a picture...

11. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ok, GabrielD, the recall you're talking about is the one called 20TA10 in the US, and probably corresponds to one that is available for the 2014 Prius+ that you are driving in Romania, and these US instructions are probably similar (but may not be identical) to the instructions that would be followed in your country. On page 7 of those instructions you can see a Techstream screenshot of what the calibration IDs look like.

But this is the thread started by donaldboyer, who is driving a Japanese 2010 liftback in NZ, not a 2014 Prius+ in Romania, and has not yet said what recall he is talking about, and the one you are talking about doesn't apply to his model year.

Edit: trying to link to the NHTSA page on the recall doesn't work, the URL isn't stable. Annoying.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  12. GabrielD

GabrielD Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    V
    Ok, I will make another one in the propper section.
    I didn't realize that, I thought I was in the right thread, reading the title...