1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius School Project!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by GoGreenTreeHugger, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoGreenTreeHugger

GoGreenTreeHugger New Member

Model:
    IV
    Hi me and my friend are putting together this chart for are project.
    We are asking anyone who reads this if you could please, post a pic of you prius, what you think about it, what year, what you normally do in it exp: travel, church and back etc..., what made you decide to get a prius, what made you decide to get a prius over the other models of hybrids from toyota and other dealer ships ford, chevy etc..., what you like most about if, color choice interior/exterior, what you did to make it you own, what you keep in your car (not being nosey), what do people around you think, do you baby you prius, do you let other people drive it, what you don't like about it, and anything else you want to add.

These questions were written up by my teacher. (so if there weird it's his fault). Sorry for any miss spelling and any problems with this form. Thank you to those of you who answer this or consider even opening it and reading it. Any questions please personal message me I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

THANK YOU ALL.

2. radioprius1

radioprius1 Climate Conspirisist

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This must be the very definition of irony.

3. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    How old are you? Lol.

And what's the value of asking strangers on a message board for your "research?" Although we might be honest, theoretically, it's less credible than wiki.

4. garygid

garygid Senior Member - Blizzard Pearl

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    If you write as well in your report, might you get a "D" grade?
    It is difficult to take your request seriously. Is this a joke?
    Why is a 2nd grader being asked to write such a report?

No, I do not let others drive my Prius.
    When you are old enough to drive, and if you earn
    the money to buy your own car, you might understand why.

5. LuvinmypriusV

LuvinmypriusV New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    As a long time reader and a first time poster, I sympathize for the way that some of these people are talking to you on this forum. A lot of people such as me have been a long time reader or lurker and appreciate all of the great information that we get from this site. Nothing better than learning from fellow owners of the same car!

However, a lot of people don't want to ask questions for fear that they will get be-rated and completely bullied for asking a "stupid" question. Weren't we all new Prius drivers once? Didn't we all have "stupid" questions at one time or another, weather we want to admit it or not, lets face it we all did.

I said all of that to say, this site is great, and when people ask questions if you don't like their question, then don't reply. Why give them a hard time about their question?

To answer the question of the post, I have the 2010 Prius V with the advanced technology package. I got everything except for the sunroof, couldn't justify nearly 3k for it even as cool as it is! I chose sandy Beach Metallic with the bisque interior, the reason that I chose those colors was, it was the only one that I had seen with those colors. I had seen hundreds of the other colors and thought this would be a little more unique. I simply bought the care to commute it. I commute about 60 miles a day, and its great!!

1 person likes this.
  6. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 2009 Package 5 Prius that I use for network consulting, I travel all through northwestern Mississippi and 3 counties in Arkansas. Hollandale to Robinsonville, and Water Valley to Marvell, AR

1. My wife wanted a hybrid. When mama's unhappy, everyone is unhappy. I was waiting on the Saturn Vue 2 mode Hybrid which will never be sold, as I doubted a Prius could hold my networking gear.

2) It holds all my stuff. I was very skeptical that it would, but the dealer offered to let me take a test drive over night so I could load all my gear in it and test the mileage. Wise choice on his part. Many Hybrids are sedans, I can't get a 17 foot ladder in a sedan, but I can in a Prius

3) I fit through the doors. I am very tall and inflexible in the torso. If you cut off my head, I would bump my shoulder on a Toyota Matrix.

4) It pollutes less than any other car that meets 2) and 3). While owners may buy a Prius for mileage, I suspect the Toyota engineers designed the Prius for reduced emissions. (One of the solutions to less emissions happened to be: use less gas in the first place)

5) I like good gas mileage, some day we will be out of petroleum, and wonder how we could have thought it was a good idea to burn it up.

6) It is quiet. I like not being the 'loud exhaust' in my neighborhood. The less my neighbors think about me, the better!

7) My wife complained about my owning a manual transmission, I set out to get a CVT so my car would be 'more automatic' than hers. A solution no one can use is no solution.

8) Both my wife and I's most reliable car ever was a 1989 Toyota Corolla, buying another Toyota appealed to us. (My Alltrac wagon is still in the family, 20 years and 230,000 miles later. Her sedan fell victim to nephews)

9) I bought a Subaru Forester when I lived at 5000 feet and worked at 6500 feet in Nevada. It snowed ten months a year and all wheel drive was a great idea. Now that I live in Mississippi, it is hard to explain why I needed an all wheel drive SUV. 42 MPG is better than 24 MPG when you have a 110 mile daily commute. My daughter loves the Forester at the 49th parallel.

I bought a stiffening brace, for it, and a shade for the display, I added a bumper protector. I programmed it not to beep in reverse and to unlock all the doors if I touch the driver's side door handle.

I have a MT-17 ladder; 3 18 gallon tubs: wiring, network electronics, and PC parts; Laundry bags with 5 foot, 10 foot, and 25 foot ethernet cables. A 1000 foot spool of ethernet cable. A shoebox of video cables. A box of RAM, and a laptop. 16 inch drill bit and a portable drill, 20 foot extension cable. First aid kit and emergency pants. It still seats 3 in this configuration, but the gear costs 5 MPG.

Many folks dismiss it as 'too small' until they see all my stuff. I let folks drive it so they feel it is 'real'. I have 17,000 miles on it in 6 months.

I would like an inside hatch release, and even more screens of info about how to drive it wisely. I wish it was rated to use E85 ethanol.

7. GoGreenTreeHugger

GoGreenTreeHugger New Member

Model:
    IV
    I'm 17 freshmen in college but me and a friend volenteir at my old high school and help in there club that was started this year about going green. Yes I know many people might not thell the truth but this info don't have to be all real it's just more along the lines of an example.

1 person likes this.
  8. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    The "reasons" lists have been stated and restated, again & again. But what the heck:

We wanted to do our teeny part, to help send Al Queda back to the stone age ... one gallon of middle east petro dollars @ a time.

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.