1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius stereo difference between II and IV

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ImAnOilburner2, Oct 24, 2021.

1. ImAnOilburner2

ImAnOilburner2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Unfortunately my daughter lost her 2010 Prius II in an accident. I was able to recover the JVC stereo headunit that I had installed. I also grabbed the camera I put in but not the cable as I had done too good of a job routing it from front to back.
    We replaced the car with a 2010 Prius IV with nav. She would like her JVC installed as Carplay is better than factory nav to her. Is there anything different like amps/speakers etc? And can the factory camera be used with the JVC?

Thank you!

2. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    She now has a premium system with more than four speakers, the rear camera will most likely not work.

Try crutchfield.com you can enter your car details and see what harnesses they have available.

I have the same IV and happen to like the stock system.
    I use waze on my phone when needed.

3. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Found this on the Metra website so you can still use the stock reverse camera with an aftermarket radio. Screenshot_2021-11-14-09-54-42-1.jpeg