1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Traction Light On w/Hesitant Braking

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Dominique Pelkey, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Dominique Pelkey

Dominique Pelkey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello. I have a new to me 2010 Prius.

The car has the traction light on and while braking it kind of stutters or hesitates.
    I am assuming this is because the traction control isn't operating correctly.

I have had a mechanic scan it with a Snap-On scanner. It is pulling codes for angle sensor as well as brake light switch... Has anyone experienced these same symptoms, and if so, what would you try first?

The clock spring seems to functioning correctly. However, the traction light also only allows the cruise control to come on, but it will not operate.

My thoughts is to fix the brake switch first (since its the easier/cheaper fix). Then go from there... The previous owner claims he installed a new clock spring. Is it possible that the clock spring needs to be reinstalled a certain way? All the buttons on the steering wheel do work correctly.

Sorry for this long winded question, but I appreciate any help.