1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Transaxle Failure

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by js_nh, Apr 19, 2015.

1. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Update???

2. js_nh

js_nh New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    CR94- My understanding is that in addition to draining the fluid and noting metallic shards they also claimed to have produced diagnostic codes which they could not give to her when she asked for them several days later (they were not on the bill). ETC- Not much of an update. She continues to drive the vehicle and the noise, which she described as sounding like "grinding", has gotten somewhat worse. She has a very long commute and probably drives about 170 or 180 miles every day so hasn't had any opportunity to get it to another shop.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    she better do something before she finds herself stranded.:)

4. js_nh

js_nh New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Bisco- I think she is almost planning on this happening at some point and is just going for as long as she can until the car doesn't run. She is so overwhelmed by work and the commute that I don't think she has been able to generate any sensible alternative. I am in Vermont and she is in upstate NY. If anyone knows any reliable salvage yards in either area please let me know.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that is a tough situation to be in. hopefully, as mentioned above, it is something simpler and cheaper than the tranny. a lot of different things can make noises.