1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius V questions

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ducatiduke, Feb 28, 2012.

1. ducatiduke

ducatiduke Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hi –
    I recently purchased a Prius 2010 v almost 80k miles and yes I got a great deal on it because of the mileage. My commute is not the greatest and my overall yearly mileage is low so I figure I will cross the 100k barrier in about 3 years. At that point, a 5 year old car with 100k is ok. I have not gone through my first tank of gas but am still figuring out how to drive it – I am averaging 50.1 mpg so far. Here are a few questions for everyone.
    1) Does it get a little less in terms of mileage with the 17†wheels?
    2) The battery indicator has never been full with 8 full bars. Should I be concerned?
    3) Has anyone tried to use a copy of the 2011.1 nav disc and found the hands free not working? If so, how did you overcome it (other than use the original disc).
    I am still figuring out this forum and looking for information.
    Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

2. revhigh

revhigh MPG Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    1. Yes
    2. No
    3. Don't know

REV

3. ducatiduke

ducatiduke Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  4. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    In Phoenix, you should be able to fill all 8 bars coming down out of South Mountain Park.

Toyota normally leaves a reserve so you can regenerative brake going downhill. South Mountain is the largest descent I recall in Phoenix, the rest was rather flat in 1977 when I was there last.

5. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    1. My experience indicates about 2 MPG less with the 215/45-17 tires.

2. As stated above it is not designed to to run with 8 bars under normal conditions. It will usually be 5 or 6. It will sometimes get down to 2 if you are running on the battery and coming down long steep hills you may see all 8.

3. Don't know I'm still using the V 08.1 disk that came with the car in 2009. Have you tried removing the disk and then reloading it? Also look through the nav setup options and make sure the feature you want is turned on.

6. AZGeek

AZGeek Semi-informed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    You can also get a nice full charge coming down I-17 from Prescott.

I typically run between 4 - 6 bars around Tucson, and I am bad at doing the pulse / glide consistently. I live in the foothills and can usually get a full charge coming down into town if traffic allows for long regen braking.