1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius V...terrible ride.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by endo, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    What's all the noise about?

The ride of my Gen III package V is a BIG improvement over my Gen II, far superior to our 05 Hyundai Elantra and 07 Nissan Sentra, but admittedly, not as quiet as our ES350.
    It's a fun car to drive, gets great mileage and is extremely quiet at low speeds.

I admit there's a lot of road noise from the Toyo's at highway speeds, but it's a steady as a rock, especially when compared to my Gen II.

2. Old Bald Guy

Old Bald Guy Old Bald Guy

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    We drove models with the 15 and the 17" tires. The 17" version ... which we bought ... had a much BETTER ride. I am running 46 psi front and 44 psi rear and the car is one of the best road cars I have driven in 40 years.

Before someone goes off on me for that, I used to be a pro mechanic for Ford and Chrysler and drove most of their cars back in the 60s and 70s. I have owned various vehicles from a Mercedes sedan, Jaguar XK120, a 1968 Buick LeSabre with heavy duty everything, and other assorted Chevys, Fords, and foreign cars.

My Gen III with the 17" rides and handles better than my Gen II with the 15". If I am on good pavement, the ride ... and quiet ... is great. On Texas cement or some of the rought black stuff they call pavement here ... it is loud and rough ... but it is that way on my other cars.

1 person likes this.