1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius vs 2010 Fusion Hybrid

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by jdel, Jun 8, 2009.

1. jelle

jelle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The fusion base price is a lot higher than the prius. Isn't the Fusion more meant to counter the Camry Hybrid?

2. web1b

web1b Active Member

Base price is cheaper, but with leather and nav equipped models, discounts and tax credit on the Fusion, pricing is in the same area.
    I think more people will still cross shop Fusion with the Camry, but some people cross shop Camry Hybrid and Prius if they haven't decided whether or not they want a hatchback, so this is no different.

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Although I'm not in the market, if my Prius were to get totalled and I were to replace it I originally said, I'd consider a Gen III Prius (probably model II), Altima Hybrid (due to $2350 tax credit, performance, incentives) and a Fusion Hybrid. I've scratched the FFH since it's just too expensive, even w/the $1700 credit.

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Although I haven't driven the FFH, but have test driven the 2010 Prius 2x, I will admit that the Ford Sync system's voice recognition for playing songs off an iPod is really cool.

I actually tried it when I found the car at the Microsoft booth at CES in January 09. I plugged my iPod in, let it index and was impressed by the above. However (probably due to my lack of familiarity w/the UI), I will say the Ford Sync system is a bit complicated. The FFH I was using had the touchscreen color LCD.

5. ljbad4life

ljbad4life New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I didn't know that. 7500 miles is great interval for oil changes. I thikn cars.com is basing the cost of ownership on the previous model (09) which has many different underpinnings (transmission, etc) than the '10

6. patflanagan

patflanagan New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I drove the Milan Hybrid. Nice car but the draw back was similar price and I have been driving a Mercury Mini Van and like the room of a mini van and hatchback over a sedan. Also the extra 10 miles per gallon is a big plus for me. I am also an x plan purchaser and am switching to the prius.

7. lauren80ryan

lauren80ryan New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    FusionMaintenance$190 $206 $263 $276 $1,475 Total: $2,410

Prius Maintenance$148 $156 $238 $250 $866 Total: $1,657

is what cars.com has to say.

I think they are both competitive for lowest cost due to no timing belt, no alternators, no starter motor or solenoid that needs replacement, no brake pads to be changed, etc.:D

had to add...I got on fordfusionhybrid forum and was cracking up!!! It's like the SAME topics we have going on over here! "Are you paying more than MSRP?" "Do you know what dealerships are getting next shipments?" :p

with a random "Prius vs FFH" thread and cracks at dealerships having "50+ priuses on the lot if all you are looking for is a hybrid vehicle" LOL

8. DeadPhish

DeadPhish Senior Member

Outer Banks of NC.. Retired to play golf and poker
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    correct

9. DeadPhish

DeadPhish Senior Member

Outer Banks of NC.. Retired to play golf and poker
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This is the job of the TCH to compete with the FFH. It's not the Prius that competes with the FFH.

10. web1b

web1b Active Member

I think it's likely their information is not current with the 2010 Prius maintenance requirements and actual costs of the 0W-20 $70 oil changes.
    They may have just looked at the service schedule and made assumptions that the cost of the 2010 Prius oil changes would been within historical norms for oil changes.