1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius weight and storage

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by pookieman123, May 1, 2015.

1. pookieman123

pookieman123 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi

Going to try and keep this short and succinct, family of 4 , 2 adults and 2 kids, one prius
    Want to go camping and riding bikes
    We have a hitch and rack for the bikes but basically over bumps and roads that are uneven sometimes I hear scraping
    That is with just the passengers 4 and 6 yr old and 2 adults plus their bikes
    To get the job done we need a roof rack and the bikes plus hitch+rack on the back
    Really concerned about the overall weight and damaging the car

So what can we do.. love the car.. but how can we make this work? Can anything be done with the suspension, don't mind spending the $$$ what is the best option, can we lift the car up ? Stiffen the suspension some how so it doesn't get so low. We are not big people the roads here are decent.. But sometimes the clearance just isn't there.

Thanks for your thoughts!

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If you have 4 bikes, hitch, bike rack, 4 passengers, riding equipment, etc. You are probably overloading the car or getting very close to it.

You might need a Suv for this

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    #3 xliderider, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 2, 2015
  4. mary miceli

mary miceli New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Does anyone know if I can use a Saris roof rack 901 on my 2010 prius safely? Saris stopped manufacturing thiese 2007 so Saris is not helpful.