1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius with error codes B1826 and B1821

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Coyotex, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Coyotex

Coyotex New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Bought a 2010 in Feb, for uber purposes. Now, thanks to covid (and elderly person lives with me), I feel I shouldn't be driving uber right now, so I'm selling it.

The car has given me ZERO issues and I like it, but I don't need two cars. So, I'm all ready to sell it, have it sitting in my yard for the "FOR SALE" sign, a few have looked at it, all have liked it. It's clean and no issues.

I did have a dash cam set up, with the wire going in the upper part of the windshield, down the passenger side door frame (just inside the weather strip), behind the glove box and plugged into the power outlet.

All of the sudden, the SRS light comes on and stays on! Wth? I took it to my brother, who's a mechanic (but has never worked on Prius, neither have the guys at his shop), he plugs in his gizmo and we get the error codes B1826 and B1821. Obviously it's the airbag system. So we did a quick google search and several people said to unplug the wire harness.

He unplugged the wire harness under the passenger seat and plugged back in, we still have the code.

He hasn't had time to dive deep into it so I'm trying to do some leg work to see if this is an easy fix.

I've read countless articles and posts, but haven't seemed to find out what the fixes for these error codes are. Can someone help? Or at least direct me to a place where it can find out how to fix it?

I can't believe it's anything major as the car has hardly moved in the last week or so. Just, all the sudden, those error happen. HELP!

2. Coyotex

Coyotex New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well, this was strange......

I read somewhere that if you drive the car for a while (which it hasn't been driven more than 1/2) in the last week, that the warning light might go away. So, I went out go for a longer ride, started the car, and the light went out! LOL! I guess something fixed itself. Keeping my fingers crossed it won't happen again!

PriusCamper likes this.
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Disconnecting the 12v battery for a few minutes is another option, similar to rebooting your personal computer.

4. Shahzad Nayyar

Shahzad Nayyar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A few of my friends had similar issues. SRS airbag light came on while the car was sitting idle in garage for a while for different reasons. Almost all of em said it resolved while their drive to the workshop. One was due to some issue with wiring due to some cheap addition in steering wheel area.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

5. Shepp

Shepp New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I checked all-data and the only thing in common with those two codes is the “center airbag sensor assembly” they have different connections to it but both the LH and RH side airbag connect to it.