1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius won’t unlock with the 12v battery dead? And key fob metal key doesn’t open driver side.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by GreenTea&SaltWater, Jun 1, 2021.

1. alexk345

alexk345 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    What is loose? I mean it worked all well 10 days ago. What could that be. I called toyoto and they say physical key do not need battery.
    May be i am not applying force. Last time i did not need force. just simple click it opened. Now i even used pliers and its not opening. Key moves left and right when fully inserted

Do you think someone broke the car door key slot?

2. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There are rods connected inside to the lock and door handles.
    One has come loose, or jammed, and has likely come off....

How about trying to use the coat hanger, and pull the top of the door back with your
    hands, carefully, and maybe wedge something to hold it open and reach in with the
    coat hanger to move the lock button to unlock it, or perhaps pull the inside door handle
    to pull it open....

Maybe search youtube to find different methodes to unlock the door.

I'm off to bed, got an early morning. I hope you can get it open. Then you can open the
    hood and put a jumper on the jump point in the fuse box.

3. alexk345

alexk345 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    As you can see i used alan key to get leverage. Normally u dont need that much force. I even used plier now and broke that plastic

Attached Files: