1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Wont Recognize fob key, replaced 12 v battery and fob battery, anti theft blinking

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Alfredo Farin, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    bisco likes this.
  2. Alfredo Farin

Alfredo Farin New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    is the fusible link the relay integration 82641-47040 for my 2010 toyota prius?

3. counciltuckian

counciltuckian New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I know this is an old thread but I am dealing with a similar issue. After not driving my car very often during COVID19, it won't start. I replaced the key fob battery and the main 12v battery but my key fob is not recognized. The dealer is telling me I need new keys and I need to replace my CLASSIFICATION COMPUTER 89990-47053 ($963.19) and possibly my TRANSMISSION ECU 89535-75030 ($712.16). All in it would be $2000-2900+tax with labor.

I have escalated to Toyota Customer Care with no luck. They claim the key system would fall under the original 36,000 mile warranty. Considering there is no other way to start the car, I believe this to be a design flaw. I have contacted my state Attorney General and am waiting for a response, I am looking to see if others are having this issue as well.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    what does the voltage read at the 12v jump point under the hood?

do you have a second fob?

how many miles on her?

5. counciltuckian

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It has about 70k miles, maybe a little under. I do not have a second fob unfortunately. The car is at the dealer now so can't check the 12v jump point. However, the car does have power, triangle flashes on the dash and says "Depress brake pedal and press key to start button" or something akin to that.

6. counciltuckian

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    not sure how much it would help to have a second key. The tech said the Classification ECU has stopped communicating with the Transmission ECU and it needs new keys. This is where I turn into my dad and say something about new fangled electronics on cars and back in my day, if the key fit it fit.