1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Radio Swap Out

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Borninblue, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Borninblue

Borninblue Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am about to swap out the stock radio in my 10’. It is the basic CD player with no navigation. I know if I don’t use a certain wiring harness I will loose the radio steering wheel controls. I never use them so not concerned with them. I am concerned with using the trip and display buttons. Does anyone know if those controls will still work and I just loose the radio functions?

The last thing is the antenna. In the old days you had to buy a factory antenna adapter to fit into the new radios...is this the case and required for the Prius as well, or is the antenna a direct plug and play into the new unit?

2. kc5dlo

kc5dlo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    You will need a antenna adapter. The display and trip function will continue to work regardless of head unit. On my '14 there was a narrow LCD screen below the radio that contained some functions that I can't remember but that screen comes out when a new head unit is installed.