1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Reverse Beeping

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by BrotherPriusMN, Dec 23, 2014.

1. BrotherPriusMN

BrotherPriusMN Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello New Friemds!!!

This is my first post as well as my first Prius. A couple months ago I bought a 2010 with the basic trim package. I am wondering if anyone knows how to change the Beeping in reverse from continuos to "one beep". The owner's manual says that you have to take it to the dealer but I want to check if anyone out there knows. Thanks for any help on the subject...

2. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    You can do it with "Dealer type" programming equipment, perhaps even a Scangauge, but the Dealer is the only way for most people.

3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    #3 JimboPalmer, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  4. irrational

irrational Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just for completeness, if you're comfortable with technology it can be disabled with just a OBD2 adapter ($10), and some free software (goSerial for example).

Not saying you should, but it took me some digging when I was in your shoes to discover that I didn't necessary have to buy special software to do this.

Screen Shot 2014-11-30 at 11.18.38 PM.png

#4 irrational, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  5. Thuan L

Thuan L New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Buy OBD2 bluetooth scan tool,( i bought mine for 20$) connect it with Android device and download Carista on google play. One you get there open the app, you will see Customizer click on there you will see Reverse beep disable.

Hope that help. I work perfect on my 2011 prius, I can also disable seat belt beep nice person well.

6. Highbored

Highbored New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I asked my dealership to change the reverse setting when I took the car in for the 5000 mile service. Tech came to see me after he attempted to reset it and explained that the single beep was one long continuous beep. I found that hard to believe, but told him I would rather have the multiple beeps. I came home and did more searching on this site. I am guessing he reset it and tested it while the door was open and that created the long continuous beep. At any rate, after a lot of thought, I bought a ScanGauge II and reset it myself. Not sure that I'll ever use everything that it is capable of, but it was worth the money to me (AutoAnything has them for 20% off through tomorrow) to get running MPG, RPM, code reading, and the ability to get rid of the reverse beeping.