1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 sway bar links...looks like me needs new ones

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Jeffrimerman, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Jeffrimerman

Jeffrimerman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks Team Geek. I just jacked up the car on the left and grabbed the tire at 3 and 9 o'clock and tried to force it to turn left or right, not rotate. I also put the jack handle under the tire to pry upward. I did that for both sides of the front. I thought I was hearing just a little bit but the right side didn't make a sound and didn't budge or give but the left side I did hear a little clunk and felt a little give maybe just 2mm or 1mm worth. I imagine on the ground with a ton of weight it magnifies. Seems like not the ball joint since prying upward didn't seem to do anything. It would seem like the tie rod end right? Is there a way to verify tie rod end vs inner tie rod? I'd just change the tie rod end first since inner tie rod would be a bunch of work and if it's not fixed no biggie. Looks like moog has it for $38 on amazon.

2. Mdv55

Mdv55 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Grab the tie rod end and have someone shake the wheel back and forth. You should be able to tell if the movement is there or the inner.

Team_Geek likes this.