1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Toyota Prius Photos and release specs posted

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by HTMLSpinnr, Jan 12, 2009.

1. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ah. Here we go. Here's me with my new friend Jill.
    I'm the old guy. On the right. With the glasses.
    [​IMG]

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah the press photos had Bridgestone Turanza EL400 and someone mentioned that the one in the music hall had Michelin Pilot MXM4. Both tyres are performance tyres so they will result in lower MPG. I'll be swapping them out immediately for Nokian WRG2s or a Touring all-season like Michelin Energy MXV4 S8.

I thought I saw heated seats on cloth seats in the press photos.

The only thing powered is the lumbar support. It's manual on every package (saves weight which is a good thing)

It looks to be a Euro-thing. To be honest, it's nice but I'm just glad we got the EV, IPA, solar panel and LEDs and got rid of the bladder.

The Euro pics have the indicators on the side mirrors.

Look for the vertical set of 4 buttons between the clock and the volume buttons.

3. carz89

carz89 I study nuclear science...

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds to me like the FOB has an RFID in it. Battery power extends the keyless entry range to 3 feet or so. With a dead FOB battery, the RFID works as a passive RFID with a range of only an inch or two. Great technology, its being used in all sorts of stuff now ... library books, ID cards, implanted animal tags, implanted in Barcelona club hoppers (not kidding). BBC NEWS | Technology | Barcelona clubbers get chipped

4. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2010 Toyota Prius Wheels

Here's a closeup of the optional 17" wheel with low profile 215/45/17 tire. I think it's a beauty:

[​IMG]

And for comparison, here's a closeup of the standard 15" wheel with wider than last time 195/65/15 tire. I think the wheel pattern is pretty good. But it's all fake. It's a full plastic wheel cover. And if you pull the wheel cover off, the underlying wheel has a different pattern that is butt ugly. You'll wince when you see it and shield your eyes while you fumble around rushing to put the wheel cover back on.

[​IMG]

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Here's the 15" rims without the wheel cover

[​IMG]