1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 trim II with backup camera and original head unit

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by momef, Jun 9, 2022.

1. momef

momef Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I recently bought a low-mileage 2010 trim II Prius. It had been hail damaged, so the original rearview mirror is not in place. It comes with the non-JBL head unit.
    However, it has a backup camera near the license plate.

I'm confused as to why the camera would be there and what it might have been connected to. Any ideas? The head unit looks to be the original without any modifications.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    a forward camera?

3. momef

momef Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's on the back of the vehicle - not the front

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Our 2010 CDN Touring has back up camera which displays on the rear view mirror, a small image at left end of mirror. There’s no nav style screen in the dash. Maybe that’s your setup, except that mirror is gone?

In the US that would be level 5 (aka level V in 2010; it had 17” rims, LED low beams, fog lights and various other goodies.

FWIW that rear view mirror camera display is not very useful: very small, and extreme funhouse wide angle.

what’s the miles on it btw?

5. momef

momef Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's interesting - I expected that with the higher levels of trim, but not in this one - that's what is so confusing to me about it. I'm going to have an after-market head unit (with CarPlay, etc) installed, and I'm certainly hoping they can figure out how to wire it in so I can use it for backing up. My 2007 had one and it really spoiled me...

Mendel Leisk likes this.