1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 V w Adv Tech so hard to find :(

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by honus, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Brittany

Brittany New Member

Model:
    V
    RodJo, I was thinking the same thing when the dealer told me that...my first thought was, "yeah, right" and my second was, "Well, maybe they're holding out for SafetyConnect"...I don't know, but SafetyConnect is supposed to be avaiable on the Prius relatively soon, so maybe he wasn't lying...who knows!

2. RodJo

RodJo Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    As a practical matter, I would think there would be some retooling and training time needed on the assembly line. Plus I would expect that dealers might not be happy having 2 different nav packages on their lots. So some sort of a production break does make sense, although 2 months seems a little too much.

Maybe someone with actual knowledge will confirm or deny.

3. Coastie

Coastie New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Here's what I found on Edmunds:
    1. Stevens Creek Toyota: a pearl and a silver in stock
    2. Fremont Toyota: sandy beach in stock
    3. Piercey Toyota (Milpitas): black
    4. Walnut Creek Toyota: black
    5. Maita Toyota (Sacramento): black

Obviously, you should confirm directly with the dealer, but it looks like you might have some choices in the Bay Area.

Good luck.

4. khowardrn

khowardrn New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Well, I posted earlier, and now I see that most of you seem to be out West. So...for any of you in South Florida, we ended up purchasing the Prius V with Nav in winter gray metallic from Toyota of Vero Beach. We had a order in with a dealer a little closer to us in North Dade. However, no success there and they weren't receiving any V with adv. tech pkg. When we found the exact car we were looking for in Vero, we were very excited. However, we hesitated at first due to the dealer fee (which our other dealer was going to waive) and the added Toyo guard. However, we went ahead and did it. It's not that much more in the long run, and we are already way over miles on our current lease and paying a ton in gas!!! So, needless to say, we are extremely happy so far. Will post a new thread with pics! Good luck every one.

5. empty_nester

empty_nester New Member

Model:
    V
    Thank you for these posts! I searched cars.com this afternoon and found my Blue Ribbon Prius V with ATP in Lawrence, Kansas just 166 miles from Omaha. I'll be picking it up on Saturday. The dealers in Omaha told me 1-2 years before they'd see a Prius V. I'm so excited!
    Sharon

6. av8harrier

av8harrier New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    There was an unsold Winter Gray with ATP sitting at Ourisman Fairfax Toyota in Virginia yesterday when I picked up my car from service.

C.L. Watkins was my salesman and I can highly recommend him.

7. rcarsonk

rcarsonk New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hey Honus....I live in San Jose, about 40 miles south of you. I just traded-in my 07 Camry Hybrid (great car) for a Prius V with ATP in Winter Grey. I really wanted a Blue one.....and of the 3 dealerships here, they seemed to only ever have white, black, red, and sometimes silver. Blues were rare, but there were a few winter greys. You might want to check Stevens Creek Toyota, Toyota of Sunnyvale or Capitol Toyota in the SJ area. Since I picked mine up last weekend, I've seen a few greys.

Carson

8. honus

honus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I had checked a few times with Toyota of Sunnyvale, as recently as Tuesday of this week and they did not have winter gray or blue. on Wednesday I finally got a call from Dublin Toyota who had one in Winter Gray. It would have been nice to have found a blue, though. I don't understand how they make the color choices to send, or maybe everyone wanted blue so others were getting them before me.

9. zippo

zippo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I can vouch for how easy it is to fly down for a car from Dianne. She was not able to get it for either my birthday, nor even by the 4th of July weekend, to the disappointment of both of us - but immediately after the weekend, it arrived. I flew down (Southwest was great, and not all that expensive) on Tuesday morning and was home by 10 pm - near San Jose.

It was great fun following the boat to Long Beach, if a wee bit frustrating to know how long the car stayed "at the port".